Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: usertm
About
User Name: usertm
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 141
[0.05% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Menu bars, tool bars, information bars, and other horizontal items
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2015 12:02:32 AM

StockGuy,
I have unchecked the option to "show trading" and that took care of the trading toolbar that;s been added to version 16.  Thank you for pointing that one out to me. 

Regarding the main toolbar, I meant to refer to the one that has "File" "Tools" "Help" and other information.  I had already moved the main toolbar you mentioned to the side column.  My fault for not clarifying better.

However, my biggest issue is with the horizontal bars that contain the indicator labels. 

With version 7 of the software, the indicator labels were integrated inside the indicator panel and the indicator was allowed to overlap it and cover it up.  In short they both shared the same space so no space was wasted.

In the newer versions of your software, the indicator labels are placed in a separate title bar that sets on top of the indicator pane rather than inside it.  This adds a rather thick line of wasted space to every panel

When you have a chart with price in the top panel and 3 indicator panels below it, you end up with what amounts to 4 thick horizontal spacers that force you to reduce the height of your indicator panels.  This flattens the indicators within those panels and makes it harder to tell what they are actually doing. 

I would really like to see the indicator labels integrated back inside the indicator panels like they were in version 7.  Please compare the current version to see what I am talking about. 

Per my message above.  I also think the programmers should do everything they can to minimize the use of any unnecessary horizontal bars (spaces) and provide options to hide or move each and everyone to the side to free up valuable screen real estate.

Thank You 

Topic: Menu bars, tool bars, information bars, and other horizontal items
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 12:38:35 AM

One thing that has bothered me about version 12 and later vs version 7 and prior  is the way  the horizontal menu, information bars and  indicator label bars eat up so much of the verticle real estate on my screen.   Now, after downloading version 16, I discovered yet another horizontal bar has been added to the top of my screen.  This is especially problematic for wide screens that are short and wide vs the older 4X3 screens that are more square.

Can you please provide an option to hide the new paper trading bar or at least make it a vertical bar instead? 

I  would also prefer the ability to hide the indicator labels in all chart panes, or provide an option to send them to the back or the front so the indicator on the chart or in the lower indicator panes can go over or under the labels and use the full horizontal space of the pane like it is in version 7.   

While we're at it,  I would prefer the option the make the main menu bar hidden or make it a verticle bar as well. 

And, finally, can we get the  option to hide the main (blue) title bar or make the main TC2000 window go full screen without the title bar taking up space at the top of the window?

Thank You

Topic: Wider volume bars please
Posted: Wednesday, September 2, 2015 11:22:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. 
After I posted this I saw version 12.6 was available for download.  ( I was on 12.5) 
In version 12.6  the volume bars are wider and look better than they do in version 12.5.

The trick you posted above also works in version 12.6.  I didn't try it in version 12.5

Topic: Trend lines and other drawings in mobile app
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 1:03:56 AM

Will trend lines and or other drawings such as arrows be made available in the mobile app for Android?

I don't need the ability to draw them while in the mobile app, but I would like to be able to view the trend lines and marker arrows I placed on a chart via my desktop when I''m using the mobile app.

Thank You

Topic: Wider volume bars please
Posted: Tuesday, September 1, 2015 12:51:44 AM

Can you please provide a way to make the volume bars as wide as the candles?

For some reason, I find the thinness and spacing of the volume bars to be rather distracting.
I would prefer the volume bars to be the same width as the candles in the price chart or have some way to adjust the thickness or the width of the volume bars to something that works better for me visually

Also,  for whatever reason, the thinness of the volume bars stands out to me more when using a white background instead of the standard black ground.  

Thank You

Topic: CPI conclusions are wrong - how stupid does the media think we are?
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2005 11:31:08 AM
QUOTE (rmr1976)
BigBlock,

I used to think the way you do regarding inflation. I'm not so sure now.

The reason "core inflation" is measured is because energy and food are very volatile, and subject to things not related to money supply.

Like posted above I also have a beef with the Core and Non Core figures
Though I know food and energy are excluded because they are volital, I still like to see this data included and beleive perhaps that the the non core part of the CPI should be adjusted in a weighted or normalized fashion, and included with the core CPI as over time the non core goes go up and down in an over all fashion just like the core CPI and is still contributing to over all inflation.

Example look at how long the price of gas has remained high, then look at the fact that many expect it to remain high and go even higher and then compare it to year ago levels.

Look at the cost of beef, if I remember right it was just over a year a go that a pound of hamburger meat could be brought for as little as $0.99 a pound on sale, but it seems that since then I have been lucky to find it for lest than $1.99 a pound even on sale

The same is true for milk, the current average price for a gallon of milk is almost a dollar higher than it was a year ago

These items are all consumer staples and if you have a family there is just no way around paying these higher prices, and the larger the family the more it hurts.

UserTM
Topic: General Market Trends
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2005 9:08:17 PM
I may be reading to much into this, but I thought I would post this for discussion

Below are long term (weekly)charts for the S&P500 and the NASDAQ
Notice how these two averages have formed a three wave pattern along a long term trend line.
The first wave is the biggest, then a smaller second wave and a yet smaller third wave.
Also note that as each wave made a higher high MACD made a lower high, then note the volume on the current test of the trend line and think about how fear seems to be seeping into the market

I am looking at this in contrast to hearing about low market valuations on CNBC earlier today and how strong the economy is expected to remain, Then I think about earnings season starts this coming week and how weak the month of October is on a seasonal/annual basis

Any thoughts
UserTM

Topic: does anyone know why MPET is tanking the way it is?
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2005 3:59:08 PM
Extra note for the print screen instructions

If you are using certain laptop computers you may also have to use the "FN" key at the same time you press the "Alt" and PrtScrn" keys. Just look to see if the "Prnt Scrn" wording on the key is highlighted in a different color like all the other keys that work with the "FN" key

UserTM
Topic: does anyone know why MPET is tanking the way it is?
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2005 3:55:09 PM
Mal,
For attaching charts to your post you can follow these instructions which I have posted in other threads on this forum

To post a chart as a picture on this board just follow these instructions, This works on most computers.

1. On your computer, with your chart open as the active window, press the “ALT” key and the “Print-Screen” key at the same time. Note, you will not see anything happen but this will copy a picture of your chart program onto the Windows clipboard similar to doing copy-paste

2. Open the Paint program included with windows (Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint)

3. In the Paint program click on the "Edit" Menu and choose "Paste". A picture of your chart should appear in the Paste program

4. Go to, "File" > "Save As". In the “Save In” box, click on the drop down arrow and choose “Desktop”. At the bottom of the window change the “Save As Type” to “JPEG”, then click “Save”. You should now have your chart saved as a picture file on your computers desktop screen.

If you have not already done so, go out to the Internet and register with a free photo storage site to store your pictures on the internet. I use www.photobucket.com. You can also search the internet for “Free photo storage” You should come up with a list of other free file storage servers you can use

5. Upload your picture to the photo storage server. The storage server will then provide you with an image link that you can then include on your post on the Worden message board using the Image link provided buy the photo storage site.

If you have any questions, just reply to this message and I will try to help out as best I can.

Now, if only I could talk the moderators into posting these instructions as a Sticky note at the top of the "Stock talk" forum

UserTM
Topic: Research
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 9:36:24 PM
BILBB
I was never able to obtain a copy of the spread sheet and as spring came around I ran out of time for working on this, and in fact I have hardly have had to me to make a few trades, but here is something I figured out about this system that may help you along.

In part one of this system, he is using a percent true formula to look for a particular candle stick formation with possibly some additional criteria.

From what I can see, using the provided examples, the day of the signal is a reversal candle, meaning that yesterday was a down day and today was an upday, and also that the todays high was higher than yesterdays high and todays close was lower than yesterdays low.

Along with this it seems that yesterdays low also had to be lower than the day before, or that todays low was making something like at least a 5 day low, though I am not sure about this last part. Another thing I noted about most of his examples was that most but not all of them were down for several days in a row, thus creating an oversold condition such as you are noting with the CCI.

UserTM