Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

does anyone know why MPET is tanking the way it is? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BigBlock
Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 1:08:15 PM
No news, no earnings, oil up ?????
fpetry
Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 1:25:08 PM
Well, it's a low priced and highly volatile stock to begin with, so these wild price swings are to be expected. Plus it's up like 300% in one month. And in the past three days it's run up against resistance (June highs). Call me chicken, as I wouldn't touch this one, long or short, with an eleven foot pole:) Good luck!
fpetry
Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 1:28:36 PM
Addendum:

BigB, I posted the reply without noticing you were the author of the question. So I know I didn't tell you anything you didn't already know, and I am quite aware of your trading style (daytrading at times if not mistaken), so the context of your question intraday deserves a better answer than I can give.
BigBlock
Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 1:38:40 PM
Well let me tell you what is going on here.
I guess Ameritrade screwed me over yesterday. I traded this stock suscefully yesterday for a 5 ticks on 10,000 shrs.
In some how while trying to get into the trade yesterday they did a partial filling of 200shrs which I was not aware until recently today while I notice my account balanced had lightly declined.
Just 200 shrs which I hava at a 17 or 20 % decline just today.
I am as mad as a mad bull.
The funny things is that I have been watching the stock decline today in a humorous way, thinking how cool my move was yesterday while I am holding 200 shrs without even knowing.
This is ridiculous. Well it is not a big deal just 200 shrs, but nonetheless I am now bothered trying to figure out how this has happened. Ameritrade said that my moves were too quick and that sometimes the system cannot keep up unless we look at the order activity. Who are they kidding.
fpetry
Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 1:58:40 PM
I know the feeling when things don't go smoothly with an account. I suspect you're like me, in that I like for things (orders, fills, balance, etc.) to go without a hitch, and when a little wrinkle comes up it drives me crazy. Only thing I suggest is to wait until regular trading ends today and call them back up again...you'll be cool and calm then:) Hopefully they will rectify the problem to your satisfaction.

At least you didn't do what I did a few months ago. I had a nice run up in a stock and sold all, then sat back and watched as the stock promptly declined steadily for the next hour, making me feel like a genius. Cept I didn't sell the 200 shares...I accidentally bought another 200. Correctly sold all 400 only to watch the stock then tick back up some. Ended up with about one fourth of the gain I would have had. Getting sick rehashing that disaster.
BigBlock
Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 2:30:03 PM
Petry there is no point in calling them back. It is not like they are going to give you a refund for the shares or anything like that. Once you own whatever shares they are you, and there is no way to undo the transaction.
I would just be wasting my time.
I will dump those 200 shrs today at market close one way or another.
Take care.
malcolmb14
Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 6:23:12 PM
Bigblock ...I am in Canada ...just opening an AmeritradeCanada account ... is this the first time that you have had an issue with them ???? Is there any things I should watch out for ?

In regards to chart ... there is news today of one of the drill sites that they were doing not find hydrocarbon where expcted ...on newswire through my platimun account ...tried to cut and past for you but not able to

This one was a volatile one in June ...then went thru a pull back , then tried to rally again and stalled at previous high , then it formed a Doji yesterday , then collapsed on the news of the drill site not finding hydrocarbons where expected .... posibly why it tanked when the bulk of the market was up today...that is my guess...

You seem to be active in the news groups .... could you please tell me how I can attach charts to my postings ??

cheers

Malcolm
BigBlock
Posted : Friday, July 8, 2005 10:12:32 PM
As far as I know, you can post your charts by doing screen shots. About Ameritrade trading issues I had some other in the past. You probably will have them with any other broker if you are trading fast, in a volatile enviroment. This issue was different so - and it wasn't with regular Ameritrade account so.
Good luck.

QUOTE (malcolmb14)
Bigblock ...I am in Canada ...just opening an AmeritradeCanada account ... is this the first time that you have had an issue with them ???? Is there any things I should watch out for ?

In regards to chart ... there is news today of one of the drill sites that they were doing not find hydrocarbon where expcted ...on newswire through my platimun account ...tried to cut and past for you but not able to

This one was a volatile one in June ...then went thru a pull back , then tried to rally again and stalled at previous high , then it formed a Doji yesterday , then collapsed on the news of the drill site not finding hydrocarbons where expected .... posibly why it tanked when the bulk of the market was up today...that is my guess...

You seem to be active in the news groups .... could you please tell me how I can attach charts to my postings ??

cheers

Malcolm
usertm
Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2005 3:55:09 PM
Mal,
For attaching charts to your post you can follow these instructions which I have posted in other threads on this forum

To post a chart as a picture on this board just follow these instructions, This works on most computers.

1. On your computer, with your chart open as the active window, press the “ALT” key and the “Print-Screen” key at the same time. Note, you will not see anything happen but this will copy a picture of your chart program onto the Windows clipboard similar to doing copy-paste

2. Open the Paint program included with windows (Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint)

3. In the Paint program click on the "Edit" Menu and choose "Paste". A picture of your chart should appear in the Paste program

4. Go to, "File" > "Save As". In the “Save In” box, click on the drop down arrow and choose “Desktop”. At the bottom of the window change the “Save As Type” to “JPEG”, then click “Save”. You should now have your chart saved as a picture file on your computers desktop screen.

If you have not already done so, go out to the Internet and register with a free photo storage site to store your pictures on the internet. I use www.photobucket.com. You can also search the internet for “Free photo storage” You should come up with a list of other free file storage servers you can use

5. Upload your picture to the photo storage server. The storage server will then provide you with an image link that you can then include on your post on the Worden message board using the Image link provided buy the photo storage site.

If you have any questions, just reply to this message and I will try to help out as best I can.

Now, if only I could talk the moderators into posting these instructions as a Sticky note at the top of the "Stock talk" forum

UserTM
usertm
Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2005 3:59:08 PM
Extra note for the print screen instructions

If you are using certain laptop computers you may also have to use the "FN" key at the same time you press the "Alt" and PrtScrn" keys. Just look to see if the "Prnt Scrn" wording on the key is highlighted in a different color like all the other keys that work with the "FN" key

UserTM
malcolmb14
Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:08:11 AM
usetm ...thanks for the info .....
malcolmb14
Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2005 12:44:48 PM
bigblock ...MSET not tanking today !