Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Menu bars, tool bars, information bars, and other horizontal items Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
usertm
Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 12:38:35 AM

One thing that has bothered me about version 12 and later vs version 7 and prior  is the way  the horizontal menu, information bars and  indicator label bars eat up so much of the verticle real estate on my screen.   Now, after downloading version 16, I discovered yet another horizontal bar has been added to the top of my screen.  This is especially problematic for wide screens that are short and wide vs the older 4X3 screens that are more square.

Can you please provide an option to hide the new paper trading bar or at least make it a vertical bar instead? 

I  would also prefer the ability to hide the indicator labels in all chart panes, or provide an option to send them to the back or the front so the indicator on the chart or in the lower indicator panes can go over or under the labels and use the full horizontal space of the pane like it is in version 7.   

While we're at it,  I would prefer the option the make the main menu bar hidden or make it a verticle bar as well. 

And, finally, can we get the  option to hide the main (blue) title bar or make the main TC2000 window go full screen without the title bar taking up space at the top of the window?

Thank You

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 10:33:27 AM

Administration

Click Tools > System Settings and click the General tab. From there you can move the main toolbar from the top of the program to the left (vertical).

To turn off the trading features, click the Trading button and uncheck "Show Trading". If you don't see this option, you may need to set up a paper account first.

usertm
Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2015 12:02:32 AM

StockGuy,
I have unchecked the option to "show trading" and that took care of the trading toolbar that;s been added to version 16.  Thank you for pointing that one out to me. 

Regarding the main toolbar, I meant to refer to the one that has "File" "Tools" "Help" and other information.  I had already moved the main toolbar you mentioned to the side column.  My fault for not clarifying better.

However, my biggest issue is with the horizontal bars that contain the indicator labels. 

With version 7 of the software, the indicator labels were integrated inside the indicator panel and the indicator was allowed to overlap it and cover it up.  In short they both shared the same space so no space was wasted.

In the newer versions of your software, the indicator labels are placed in a separate title bar that sets on top of the indicator pane rather than inside it.  This adds a rather thick line of wasted space to every panel

When you have a chart with price in the top panel and 3 indicator panels below it, you end up with what amounts to 4 thick horizontal spacers that force you to reduce the height of your indicator panels.  This flattens the indicators within those panels and makes it harder to tell what they are actually doing. 

I would really like to see the indicator labels integrated back inside the indicator panels like they were in version 7.  Please compare the current version to see what I am talking about. 

Per my message above.  I also think the programmers should do everything they can to minimize the use of any unnecessary horizontal bars (spaces) and provide options to hide or move each and everyone to the side to free up valuable screen real estate.

Thank You 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 9:04:02 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles