Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: wjm2
About
User Name: wjm2
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 27
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: What makes up the MGxxx symbols?
Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:31:22 PM

Thanks Bruce.  I figured it had to be there somewhere.

Bill

Topic: What makes up the MGxxx symbols?
Posted: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:54:01 AM

Is there some place in TC2000 (or FreeStockCharts.com) that one can click to see the components of these indexes?

Bill

Topic: TCDK
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 10:46:44 AM

Thanks Bruce - that's what I supposed.  The other thing I prefer in 7 is that it downloads the data so I can look at it later in places where I have no internet access.

So I guess the question is, what's the future for the ver 7?  Is it a dead end and you guys will put all your efforts into Silverlight/Web connected software from now on?

Bill

Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:08:59 AM

For years I've been having Excel pull stock quotes and other data from TC2000 by means of the TCDK and TC2000dev.dll.

Is this capability permanently gone now with TC2000 ver 12.3 and Silverlight?

Bill

Topic: S&P500 Volume
Posted: Thursday, September 2, 2010 5:14:44 PM
Thanks for the follow up Bruce.

And you'll notice that your SP500 volume now exactly matches your NYSE Composite volume.  i.e. Composite volume is the same as Total volume.  Which is not surprising since the NYSE Composite is just a sum total of all stocks on the exchange, weighted by shares outstanding, and normalized to a value of 5000 back in 2003.

Bill
Posted: Thursday, September 2, 2010 10:09:04 AM
Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJ-30) - DJ-30 volume
Standard & Poor’s 500 (SP-500) - NYSE volume
Standard & Poor’s 100 (OEX) - NYSE volume
NASDAQ 100 Index - COMPQX volume

I understand, and in fact when I saw such a screwy volume spike the first thing I did was to check the NYSE composite volume in the WSJ web site.  They show volume was slightly down yesterday, not up 4x the previous day.  Yahoo shows the volume up slightly.

Worden shows NYSE volume up sharply yesterday which is consistent.

So I'm still confused why your numbers are so far off from others.  You'll also notice that none of your volumes for the other averages show a 4x volume spike which should say something is wrong.  You can't really expect to have NYSE volume up 4x and the DJIA down for example.

Bill
Posted: Thursday, September 2, 2010 9:46:12 AM
Any idea why Worden shows such a stunning volume spike in the SP500 yesterday when all other sources I've checked show rather flat to slightly down volume?  Investors Business Daily, BigCharts, Yahoo, etc.

Is Worden right and the rest of the world wrong on this, or will you change the data?

Thanks.

Bill
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:53:17 AM
Unless I hear otherwise, I'll interpret your answer to mean "yes" - TCDK will run under Vista when installed properly. 

A quick search of the Developer Kit instructions makes zero mention of Vista, so again, I assume this means it installs the same way under Vista as under XP.

Please let me know if either of the assumptions are incorrect.

(Incidentally, my question is prompted by the need to get a new machine and I'm just trying to figure out whether to do unnatural things to get a new XP machine, or go with the flow from Redmond which is making it very difficult to get XP on a new machine.)

Bill
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:18:17 PM
For quite a long time I've been using the TCDK, specifically TC2000Dev.DLL, to enable Excel to pull quotes from the TC data base.  All is well.

My question is whether it all works the same if I move from XP to Vista?  Or is something different required?

Bill
Topic: Multiple Machines
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2007 10:24:55 AM
Thanks Craig.

Bill