Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TCDK Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
wjm2
Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2008 5:18:17 PM
For quite a long time I've been using the TCDK, specifically TC2000Dev.DLL, to enable Excel to pull quotes from the TC data base.  All is well.

My question is whether it all works the same if I move from XP to Vista?  Or is something different required?

Bill
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, January 18, 2008 11:33:17 AM

Worden Trainer

Your success at using the TCDK with Excel in Vista depends on the install location of TeleChart. Please email TCDK@TC2000.com when you are ready to install TeleChart on a Vista computer. You may wish to review the following:

TeleChart 2005 Developer Kit instructions

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
wjm2
Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 10:53:17 AM
Unless I hear otherwise, I'll interpret your answer to mean "yes" - TCDK will run under Vista when installed properly. 

A quick search of the Developer Kit instructions makes zero mention of Vista, so again, I assume this means it installs the same way under Vista as under XP.

Please let me know if either of the assumptions are incorrect.

(Incidentally, my question is prompted by the need to get a new machine and I'm just trying to figure out whether to do unnatural things to get a new XP machine, or go with the flow from Redmond which is making it very difficult to get XP on a new machine.)

Bill
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 11:03:02 AM

Worden Trainer

The TCDK will run under vista when installed properly. That said, please send the email for details as instructed when you are actually ready to install TeleChart on the Vista computer.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles