Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Data Box and Price Change Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
dextyr
Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:26:44 AM
If I hit the "." key once I can view a vertical line in the price chart on the day I point to. If I hit the "." key twice, I get the data box too.

Sometimes, when using the pointer and viewing the data box, I get a pop up box that displays the change in price by dollar amount, percent, etc. between a past point and the current data. I like this, but I don't know how in the world I'm getting it (pop up) to display as I can't recreate it very often.

How do I get the pop up box to display? I mean, what should I be doing, not just stumble bum on to it.

Thanks - Dick
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:33:52 AM

Worden Trainer

I think you are activating the Custom Date Sort tool. Check out this video to see if I am correct:

Sorting Stocks by their Absolute or Relative Performance

- Craig
Here to Help!
Doug_H
Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:59:28 AM

Worden Trainer

I actually think it's when your cursor is hovered over a white watchlist tracking marker on your chart. It looks like a little house, it's white, and it points to the day that the stock you're looking at was added to the personal watchlist you're in. When your cursor hovers over the marker, a box pops up, displaying the change in dollars and percent since the date the stock was added to the watchlist.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
dextyr
Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 10:28:05 AM
Thanks guys - Doug, you win the prize for what I was doing. I checked my chart display options and noticed a box for wl tracking marker. I was using a white background and the tracking marker was set to white. That is why I had never seen it before or noticed I was even over it with my pointer. I changed the color and now it shows up.

I'm glad Craig directed me to the video as I wasn't aware of this feature.

Finally, I'm assuming the tracking marker shows up automatically when I add a stock to any watch list I create, but not on scans. I searched the discussion board and help. I found nothing specifically directed toward wl tracking markers.

One other question - will my TC2005 program automatically update with version changes or do I need to check for updates?

Dick
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:06:54 AM

Worden Trainer

WL Tracking is for Personal WatchLists only.

Your TeleChart will keep itself up-to-date.

- Craig
Here to Help!
dextyr
Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:04:50 PM
Thanks - super good help
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:59:59 PM

Worden Trainer

Thanks!

- Craig
Here to Help!