Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jimpete
About
User Name: jimpete
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 6
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: ok great advice for formulas.
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 1:34:46 PM
Thanks for the formulas. I need to apply them to my ideas. How do I get say 20ma huggers or 200ma huggers or serious declines,inclines, gappers,etc. In other words how to see ans apply to these ideas?
Topic: MACD histogram now set.
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 11:43:20 AM
I saw a way to do an macd histogram. It is an exponential. It was easy to set up. When I viewed it I couldn't figure out why the curve was above the line when the stock was down and above the line when the stock was up. I know this reflects recent behavior but it still didn't look right. My limited experience tells me that the curve usually follows the above or below the median line behavior.
Topic: I see "PCF'S and Easy Scans for Candlestick Patterns" posted Oct 06,2005. Today is 02/21/2
Posted: Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:23:44 PM
It posts many different patterns but no description of what they are. Examples: Abndoned Baby, Belt Hold, Breakaway, etc.  I am trying to get some formulas going. Right now I can think of 20MA bounce, 200ma bounce, uptrend, downtrend,  flat, overbought and oversold. I've had telechart for over 6 months and still can't find a straight answer. I tried one example of a formula which I entered correctly, yet it did not boot.
Topic: 20Ma formula for a stock at or near the 20ma, 200ma, inclining or declining. How can I find stocks
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 2:15:15 PM
I am looking for 20ma uptrend, downtrend or flat 20ma stock formulas, and the same for 50ma and 200ma. I don't see bollinger bands and  am also looking for low priced stocks of $3,$2, $1 or less. I am new and have had syntax problems. Please give any of these if possible.
Topic: How to create a Personal Criteria Forumula (PCF)
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:19:12 PM
I tried the PCF editing formula using the instruction by Bob. My parenthesis is not curved but I did match everything but didn't have a test symbol for the formula test. This was the one the original was, [editing formula for price percent change 5 day]. Keep getting error. here it is:[[C -C5 / C5] * 100.
Topic: I am new to criterias. I need 20ma bounce indicators, overbought, oversold, declining from20ma, gaps
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2009 12:47:07 PM
I tried some PCF's but the ones I really need have syntax problems and could not be calc. Overbought, 20ma bounces, declines from 20ma, gappers, anything that will show a change.