Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

I see "PCF'S and Easy Scans for Candlestick Patterns" posted Oct 06,2005. Today is 02/21/2 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jimpete
Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:23:44 PM
It posts many different patterns but no description of what they are. Examples: Abndoned Baby, Belt Hold, Breakaway, etc.  I am trying to get some formulas going. Right now I can think of 20MA bounce, 200ma bounce, uptrend, downtrend,  flat, overbought and oversold. I've had telechart for over 6 months and still can't find a straight answer. I tried one example of a formula which I entered correctly, yet it did not boot.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 3:02:40 PM

Worden Trainer

I prefer the technique for identifying candlestick patterns in the Boolean PCFs for Candlestick Patterns to the technique in the PCFs and EasyScans for Candlestick Patterns topic because it uses a single PCF that is going to return True or not for each symbol instead of a combination of re-usable PCFs combined into EasyScans as is done in the second topic (the one you mentioned).

The candlestick patterns are not described in either topic because the number of patterns is so large that the topics would be unwieldy (they are both pretty large as is). Searching the internet for the name of the pattern and the words candlestick pattern will generally bring up quite a few topics explaining the patterns that frequently have illustrations to show you what they look like.

We're not trying to be evasive. You haven't actually unambiguously and objectively defined 20MA bounce, 200ma bounce, uptrend, downtrend,  flat, overbought and oversold. You may know them when you see them, but other traders would have different interpretations of what constitutes these terms. There are a variety of Indicators designed to identify trends and if a stock is overbought or oversold for example and they are all different. The trainers can't give setting, interpretation or investment advice. This means we can't define these terms for you, guess at what you might want or suggest specific Indicators.

The training offered is not investment training or even training in technical analysis. The training offered is to teach the functionality of the program itself. We can only help you with how to make the program implement a specific and well defined Indicator or idea from you. If you unambiguously and objectively define the terms, we'll do our best to help you implement your definitions.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles