Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

SLW at bottom of up trending channel ..good growth company Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
malcolmb14
Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:04:28 PM
SLW has been bouncing around in an upwards trending channel since August (from 3.14 to 5). It is now trading on the bottom of this channel and the 50 day MA (which is not that significant at this stock is only 11% insitutional owned). The 7,3,3 stochastics are over sold and turning up . This one could be entered at 4.99 , a stop just below the trend line at about 4.88 ... minimal down side risk to good upside potential.

The company is debt free ... makes about 6.5 million per quarter ...has little short interest (only 15,000 shares). Here is a statment from yahoo in one of the news items:

Silver Wheaton Corp. ("Silver Wheaton" or the "Company") is a growth-oriented silver company, and is the only mining company with 100% of its revenue from silver production. The Company's goal is to be recognized as the largest, most profitable and best managed pure silver company in the world.

Not only is this company interesting from a technical stand point but they are interesting from a growth stand point.
fpetry
Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:01:20 AM
Nice pick and thumbnail malcolmb, thanks. Only differ with you on stop placement. Since the 50sma is so close by I would give it a little more jiggle room and put stop just below it at about 4.75.
malcolmb14
Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:07:09 AM
thanks for that fp .. you are right on that one .... I rethought the stop loss.
pv78
Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2005 9:32:08 PM
there is some negative BOP coming into play. May imply consolidation if not trend failure (IMHO)
fuller108
Posted : Sunday, December 18, 2005 5:32:25 AM
If you look at a chart of the price of silver [$SILVER - continuous contract at the Stockcharts website] this company is following more or less the same channel.
I think the immediate future of Wheaton will be influenced by the silver price.

It normally follows the gold price [which I think is set for a plunge]... but there is an unusual discrepancy between the gold and silver derivatives at the moment. There is a chance silver will not follow gold.....

I'm no expert, but thought it would be of use to point out these relationships.

John