Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Feed into Excel Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
thnkbigr
Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 2:53:25 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Bruce,

I have an excel sheet with a list of symbols I track from the day of their buy signal. 

So far every week or when necessary I have to manually update the current price of those stocks in the excel to update the performance. 

Is there a way I can somehow link TC to the excel to feed the prices into the excel? 

This doesn't have to be real time. It can be on closing prices only

Thanks   

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 3:22:54 PM

Worden Trainer

We don't have any sort of API or SDK to interface with TC2000 v18/v19b. The TCDK only works with TC2000 v7 (this requires a Dow Jones Indexes feed of some sort in addition to at least TC2000 Gold).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
thnkbigr
Posted : Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:19:59 PM

What's TCDK and How old is V7? 

If I launch it at the end of every day would I be able to then automatically update the prices in the excel?  

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 9:32:41 AM

Worden Trainer

The TCDK is the TeleChart Developer Kit. Documentation is available in the folder linked where I initially mentioned it. The TCDK is no longer supperted, but it still works. You will probably need at least some programming experience to be able to use it (and we aren't going to help you with implementation beyond what is given in the documentation and examples).

The basics of TC2000 v7 were around when I first started working at Worden Brothers in January of 2000 (the DOS version was completely discontinued at the end of 1999 and we were in the process of converting everybody with just the DOS version over to the Windows version). The way TC2000 for Mutual Funds works now is pretty much the way TC2000 as a whole worked then.

I could be misremembering, but I think the last major update happened in 2005 when we switched from sending out CDs with fixed data blocks which had to be occassionally massed shipped to all customers to a completely downloadable version which did not require sending out CDs.

Some smaller updates continued through to about 2007 or so, but everything except a few minor tweaks to just keep things running had already ceased by the time StockFinder was released (although SF was initially called SnapSheets and then Blocks before changing its name to StockFinder).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
bcochrane
Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:23:38 AM

You might consider using paper trading to track daily status of your holdings. It can report % P&L as well as $P&L without any action on your part.

You can also display any (exit) indicators at the same time

If you want a post sale record, then you might want to transfer buy and sell to Excel, but still would reduce your workload significantly

thnkbigr
Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:31:38 PM

Thanks guys.

Are there easier ways I can feed prices from websites like Yahoo or CNBC into excel ?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:44:12 PM

Worden Trainer

There are a variety of websites with APIs to access delayed data (some free, some not - I really can't provide links). Not sure if they would be easier than using the TCDK for this or not.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles