New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: thnkbigr
About
User Name: thnkbigr
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2,920
[1.03% of all post / 0.69 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: EPS, Fundamental Data
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 11:48:23 AM

StockGuy, this just proved my point in my earlier post on Monday, September 11, 2017 4:55:12 PM

What's the point or the benefit to providing delayed information???? Especialy when it comes to earnings!

What's the worth of getting delayed data? It's worthless! You gonna tell me what IBM or GS and many others reported last week sometime this week. Worden management team is satisfied by that? 

How can the worden management team be content with that. Clearly this is a Morningstar issue because they don't update in a timly manner so get rid of them! I have access to all morningstar products and they are used for Mutual Fund purposes only! They have never been a stock software especially in this day and age! 

From my understanding Worden gets the Next Earnings Date from Zacks but we get our earnings from Morningstar? Why aren't we getting the data from Zacks because it seems to that they update right away and as soon as the company releases.

Personally I don;t care if I have to pay a highre subscription fee and I highly doubt any real trader/investor that uses the woden products would care to pay a little more to have accurate data provided to them in a timely manner!

Of course I am not aware of all the technicalities that has to take place behind the sence but I think every one of the worden subscribers would appreciate if the management team makes an effort and resolves this issue. 

This is a major enhancement! At least in my opinion

Please forward this to the higher ups and I would be more than happy to give them many mnay mnay more exampls 

Topic: Screening for Gaps before thr Open
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 11:07:09 AM

Are you aware of any site that I can screen for this? Have you seen anyone suggest anything on the forum?

I like to see what's set to gap up or down before the open so I have doen my homework and ready to act at the open

Topic: Screening for Gaps before thr Open
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 10:16:07 AM

Can we screen for stocks that are Gapping before the open yet? 

Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 1:20:59 AM

I just spaced bar through all stocks that announced earnings last week in SF as well and I see similar results as TC as majority of the stocks still at 1:15 in the morning on Monday don't have update info.

These are the only comapnies that seem from first and quick glance that have updated info in TC. 

Just compare the size 

CE
CSX
NFLX
OMC
CP
CREE
ASML
SVU
HXL
SLM
TCBI
UAL
URI
DGX
DHR
DOV
SNA
TRV
WBC
ATHN
LHO
TEAM

Posted: Monday, October 23, 2017 12:58:38 AM

All the companies listed below announced earings this past week from Monday Oct 16th through Friday Oct 20 - It is 12:42 in the morning on Monday Oct 23 and their earnings announced last week has yet to be updated in TC. 

Based on what I have been told earlier in this topic by StockGuy. The fundamental data such as earnings gets updtaed the same same day and not over the weekend like how it used to be. 

Almost 80% of the earnings reported this past week has not yet been updated in TC! So I am confused because if the data is getting updated on a daily basis so how is it that 80% of the stocks reported earnings this past week have yet to be updated? The weekend is also over and none of these companies have updated information.

We are not talking about small tiny stocks because ss you go through the list you have GS, JNJ, MS, UNH, IBM, AA, AMX, EBAY, PG, HON, GE and many more mega companies that reported and still their earnings are not in TC.

Can you please clarify to us as users as to WHEN the fundamental data gets updated? 

Many Thanks 

BMI
BRO
CMA
ELS
GS
GWW
HOG
IEX
JNJ
MS
SFBS
SNV
SONC
SYNT
TTS
UNH
CSFL
HCSG
PACW
ADTN
FULT
HBHC
IBKR
IBM
LRCX
NAVI
PNFP
RNST
SCSS
UFPI
ABT
BJRI
MTB
MTG
UBSH
USB
WAFD
AA
AXP
BDN
BPFH
BRKL
BXS
CCI
CCK
CVBF
EBAY
EGBN
EXPO
GHL
KALU
KMI
RLI
SLG
STLD
UMPQ
VMI
WTFC
ABCB
ADS
BBT
BK
BX
CBF
EWBC
FFIN
FNB
GATX
GPC
HOMB
HTLD
KEY
MBFI
NUE
PM
POOL
PPG
RCI
SAP
SBNY
SEIC
SON
TSM
TXT
VZ
WBS
WGO
ASB
CAI
EGP
ETFC
FFBC
GBCI
HA
IBKC
ISRG
MSA
MXIM
NCR
PBCT
PFPT
PYPL
SKX
SXT
TACO
WAL
WERN
AIMC
CFG
DST
EEFT
GE
GNTX
HON
KSU
MAN
MINI
PG
SLB
STI
SYF
TCF
SCHW

Topic: Sell the same day
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:15:37 PM

How do i check the install date 

Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:06:54 PM

I am on an hourly chart which means 7 bars per day so even with 5000 bars I should have almost 3 years of data 

5000 / 7 = 714 

714 / 252 = 2.8 years 

Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:53:56 PM

I am familiar with that but I almost never use intraday data so I have no idea how far back it is downloaded in my computer. 

when I set the data to 5000 the intraday chart on the hourly only goes back to early June does that mean  that's all I have  

Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:38:14 PM

How do i know how far back of a intraday data I have downloaded

and whats the max I have have 

Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 1:32:02 PM

I see 

thx