Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Version 17 without the Brokerage add on Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
TonyUK
Posted : Monday, December 11, 2017 5:29:10 PM

I’d like to put a request here for any users to vote for TC2000 to release a version of 17 without the brokerage infected all over it. I definitely don’t like the fact it’s being forced into our faces all over the platform for users who for various reasons won’t be using the brokerage. That includes users who live outside the US like Europe for example, or they are happy with their own Broker. Even an option to hide all brokerage buttons etc. 

That would also make it legal to bring back a The Worden Report, much more useful to me. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:25:10 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Saturday, December 23, 2017 3:34:35 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Bruce.....your reply of  "Thank you for your suggestion." is getting a bit old.  You've been using it for 13 years.  (and by the way hasn't gotten you any promotions !)  Try something like "Thanks for your suggestion, we'll look into it."  seems a lot more sincere and believable.  Happy Holidays. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 10:06:43 AM

Worden Trainer

Despite the "getting a bit old" dig (and pretty much any respones I could give will get old when used repeatedly), I am going to treat this as some helpful advice which is indeed designed to make me sound more friendly, sincere, and believable. So I am going to give you a detailed respone about why I have started replying this way to almost every suggestion.

It does not matter how I reply. The suggestion will still get put into our suggestion system, get tracked and be passed on to management and development. I will still get complaints about how I reply to suggestions.

A plain, "Thank you for your suggestion." is a fairly recent development.

I used to actually supply details such as the internal report number (which is no longer applicable as suggestions are actually attached to your profile now).

I used to say things, like, "Your suggestion has been submitted to development.", "Your suggestion has been submitted to management.", "I do not know when or if any particular suggestion might be implemented.", "We do not normally discuss future features until officially released or announced.",  used base responses which were a bit more varied and even provided commentary about individual suggestions.

I have given multiple paragraph response explaining the suggestion and bug reporting process at the time the suggestion was made.

I might still do some of these things, but it used to be the rule and is now the exception.

Every single one of these types of responses ellicited complaints about the style and substance of my responses and, in some cases, direct personal attacks. In fact, the vociferousness of the complaints seems to increase with the length and detail of my responses.

And no, I am not talking about the generalized complaint that suggestions don't get implemented, just complaints specifically about how I reply.

Even though almost every new feature is a result of a customer suggestion, a vast majority of suggestions will not get implemented. I understand the frustration this creates. This is especially understandable when other suggestions get implemented while your suggestion doesn't. The suggestion that did get implemented is going to seem trivial compared to your own suggestion. You might even think the suggestion that did get implemented made the program worse in some way.

And there is the crux of the matter and why I think adding something like, "We'll look into it." ends up being less sincere and believable in the long run even though it might be friendlier initially. It is also why I think providing a bunch of additional details is generally counter productive.

Yes, we look into it. The statement would be entirely true. We track suggestions. Management and development review and give every single suggestion serious consideration. But in most cases, nothing is going to change in the program and the more times I say it without a suggestion getting implemented, the less sincere and believable it seems.

If I provide extensive commentary about a suggestion, it validates the idea that the suggestion is better than other suggestions and should be implemented before other suggestions. After all, "Bruce liked it." And if I say something like that, then I really do like the suggestion. But my liking a suggestion isn't going to get it implemented. There are lots of things I have personally advocated for (quite strongly) which have not been implemented or have taken a very long time to get into the progarm. But this makes it seem even worse if the suggestion doesn't get implemented.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
King247
Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 2:40:03 PM

Having been involved in team software development (on the QA end), it's my opinion that Bruce's responses are entirely correct and appropriate. He goes the extra mile so often in terms of detailed answers to forum questions that a short acknowledgement to an enhancement request is entirely warranted. Thanks, Bruce!