Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: King247
About
User Name: King247
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 68
[0.02% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Market Facilitation Index
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2019 10:26:20 AM

Got it. Thanks, Bruce!

Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2019 8:02:04 AM

Addendum: I would love to provide an image in this case, but it looks like you have to link to an image, which I'm not set up to do.

I could TC Mail an image if you'd like.

Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2019 7:06:25 AM

Bruce: on  Monday, July 31, 2017 4:31:36 PM (http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=66924), you wrote the formula below. My question is exactly how to combine the 4 PCFs so that price bars are colored and the least amount of computing overhead is consumed (don't know if the 2nd part is possible).

1) Should I create one PCF with the 4 formulas joined by AND, or create 4 PCFs?

I set up one at a time, each with a different color, and combined them in a panel below a price window, with a different color for each PCF. The results were interesting, but for some reason I was hoping that the price bars would change color, depending on the category. Probably assumed too much.

2) When setting up each PCF, the formula window requires a timeframe. I chose hourly. Does that mean it won't yield accurate results on other timeframes?  (I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, which complicates matters. I'm just looking for the most accurate setup, so I can learn how the MFI works.)

3) When I use any intraday timeframe (e.g. SPY), most of the big bars cluster in the extended hours area. That's consistently the lowest volume, which calls into question whether I've set it up correctly. (Obviously, no index symbols that don't display intraday volume—like SPX—will work intraday. I would like to know whether I've set it up corrrectly, that's all.)

Please give me some guidance on setting this up. Thank you.

Bruce wrote Monday, July 31, 2017 4:31:36 PM (http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=66924):

The Market Facilitation Index (MFI) itself is just:

(H - L) / V

Although if you wanted to plot it different colors for green, fade, fake, and squat, then things could get a little more interesting.

Green:

IIF(V > V1 AND (H - L) / V > (H1 - L1) / V1, (H - L) / V, 1 / 0)

Fade:

IIF(V < V1 AND (H - L) / V < (H1 - L1) / V1, (H - L) / V, 1 / 0)

Fake:

IIF(V < V1 AND (H - L) / V > (H1 - L1) / V1, (H - L) / V, 1 / 0)

Squat:

IIF(V > V1 AND (H - L) / V < (H1 - L1) / V1, (H - L) / V, 1 / 0)

Topic: Constance Brown composite index
Posted: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 11:51:47 AM

Thank you!

Topic: Constance Brown composite index
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2018 11:22:21 AM

Bruce, I&#39;ve read search results of previous Forum posts on this topic. I&#39;m not sure whether the Derivative Oscillator included in TC2000 is similar or perhaps the same.

Is it? Or is it with minor adjustments?

If not, then one of the results (Thursday, July 19, 2007 1:56:27 PM) stated the Constance Brown oscillator as follows:

1. Derivative Oscillator - Is a triple smoothed wilders RSI, below are the following steps:
Step 1 - An 5 day exponential moving average of a 14 period RSI.
Step 2 - Result in step 1 is used to produce a new 3 day exponential moving average.
Step 3 - A 9 day simple moving average is obtained from result in step 2.
Step 4 - The difference between the results obtained in steps 2 and 3 is calculated and charted as a histogram (I understand histogram may not be possible as a custom indicator, therefore, a line chart will do).

Regarding the Volatility Bands, in that post you attached a .pane file. You also gave a formula for producing the Oscillator based on the above. I&#39;m not sure whether some of your directions still apply to version 18. Do they?

If it helps to reproduce the actual formula that I could add as a plot below the price chart:

From Constance Brown&#39;s publicly published paper (2015):

"The Composite Index formula (TradeStation format) is as follows:

Plot1(RSIMO9+RSI3,"Plot1");

Plot2(average((plot1),13),"Plot2");

Plot3(average((plot1),33),"Plot3");

The function RSIMO9 is written; RSIMO9 = MOMENTUM(RSI(CLOSE,14),9)

The second function is written RSI3=AVERAGE(RSI(CLOSE,3),3)

Explanation: "Momentum is a simple comparison. The embedded 9-period Momentum in the Composite Index is the comparison between the most recent 14-period RSI value to the RSI value from 9 periods earlier. By embedding Momentum into the RSI formula it allows the RSI to have a free range travel and is not limited to the normalized range of zero to 100."

I could TC Mail you the PDF if you like.

If the DO in TC2000 does the trick, great. If not, and you can reproduce the formula, also great. If neither, then thank you and happy holidays!

Topic: Latest and Greatest TTM Squeeze
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2018 2:35:19 PM

Hi Bruce,

Could you please  send  me  the latest TTM squeeze? No rush. Thank you.

Topic: Double and Triple Exponential Moving Averages
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 1:48:20 PM

Thank you, Bruce.

Topic: EWO
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2018 1:47:33 PM

Thank you, Bruce.

Topic: Double and Triple Exponential Moving Averages
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 7:47:34 AM

Hi Bruce,

A few questions:

(With no offset) is there inherently less lag with the Triple Exponential Moving Average compared to the Double?

I&#39;m looking for the least &#39;laggy&#39; MA (other than the Hull) that I can place on charts and adjust periods easily. I&#39;m currently using the Hull MA with OK results, but if I can get contrasting information in a separate chart, it might be interesting.

I created a TEMA using the Help page, and put it to Offset -1 to see if it would work. It doesn&#39;t blow up, anyway (lol). The formula I used is:

3 * XAVGC20.-1 -  3 * XAVG(XAVGC20.-1, 20) + XAVG(XAVG(XAVGC20.-1, 20), 20)

If I changed the -1 to -3 (or even -10) does it become less laggy? Will it give accurate results or will the program &#39;govern&#39; it if my formula becomes too outrageous?

Given that I&#39;m looking for the least lag possible, is there any advantage to using the DEMA over the TEMA?

Is there any MA that is less laggy than the Hull?

Can I adjust the Hull formula to be less laggy?

I&#39;ve read a little about Bill Williams&#39; Alligator Indicator. Is that available in TC2000? If I use 2-3 TEMAs of various periods, would I be simulating it anyway?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Topic: EWO
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:18:53 PM

Other than the Elliott Wave Oscillator, are there any other Elliott Wave features in TC2000 v18?

Thank you.