Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Volume spike Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
skat011
Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2016 10:26:27 PM

I found this post and was wondering if there would be any changes to this in the newer versions? http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=51302

What I'm looking for is pretty kuch the exact same thing that the other poser put, large volume spikes on a 1 minute chart to see if it can indicate a move in price.

Thanks!

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:53:49 AM

Worden Trainer

No, there wouldn't really be any changes to this in the newer versions. Pretty much everything discussed should still apply. There aren't any new features which would change how any of this would be done.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
skat011
Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:26:20 PM

Thanks! One thing i noticed when using this today is that there were way more symbols than i wanted. How would I be able to set it so that I would need to see at least 2 spikes (or more) in volume before it comes up on the scan? 

Essentially how I have it set now within the conditions is that I would like to see at least 10k volume on a 1 minute candle. How can I set it so i could arrange there to be 2 candles together (or more) with at least 10k on the minute?

Also I've notice that in my conditions I have it set that the latest float be less than 100 million yet time and time again I get symbols that have a much higher float. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2016 9:57:17 AM

Worden Trainer

You could use the following Condition Formula to check for at least two candles in a row with at least 10,000 shares of volume including the current candle.

MINV2 >= 10000

Or the following if you don't want to include the current candle.

MINV2.1 >= 10000

The Latest Float data is stored in 1000s, so add Latest Float to your EasyScan and set the condition to Less Than < 100000.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
skat011
Posted : Friday, December 2, 2016 8:02:11 AM

that makes sense. THanks!

855MRZILLA
Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:39:25 AM

Bruce can I make a scanner instead? I would like to make an easy scan. I think that would be the best thing for me to do how would I go about doing that. His 

Thank you Bruce. I'm trying to figure this one on making by having any good luck.

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:58:13 AM

Worden Trainer

My most recent post pretty much says to create an EasyScan. You have to do so to have a Latest Float condition. You use the Condition Formula as one of the EasyScan Conditions and you use Latest Float as the other EasyScan Condition.

• Select EasyScans | Add New EasyScan.
  • Select Add Condition | Write New Formula.
  • Copy the desired formula from the forums and paste it into TC2000.
  • Select Add Condition | Fundamentals | Latest Float.
  • Set it to Less Than 100000.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles