Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: skat011
About
User Name: skat011
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Gap scan
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 9:47:51 PM
I’m looking to write up a scan that has the following criteria:

Stock price range = $1-$10
Open price Gaps up or down from previous close = +/- .30
When the stock retraces back to near the previous day close by .20, I want to be alerted.

For example:

ABC closes at $8 on Monday
On Tuesday, it opens up at $8.50.
I want to be alerted when the stock comes down to $8.20

Is there anyway to write a scan like this?

I also have some other price parameters that are needed 

Price Range | Initial Gap from Previous Close Price | Alert Distance from Previous Closing Range

1-10 +/- .30 .20

10-20 +/- .60 .30

20-35 +/- 1.00 .40

35-70 +/- 1.20 .50

70+ +/- 1.50 .50

Topic: Volume spike
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2016 8:02:11 AM

that makes sense. THanks!

Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 9:26:20 PM

Thanks! One thing i noticed when using this today is that there were way more symbols than i wanted. How would I be able to set it so that I would need to see at least 2 spikes (or more) in volume before it comes up on the scan? 

Essentially how I have it set now within the conditions is that I would like to see at least 10k volume on a 1 minute candle. How can I set it so i could arrange there to be 2 candles together (or more) with at least 10k on the minute?

Also I've notice that in my conditions I have it set that the latest float be less than 100 million yet time and time again I get symbols that have a much higher float. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 10:26:27 PM

I found this post and was wondering if there would be any changes to this in the newer versions? http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=51302

What I'm looking for is pretty kuch the exact same thing that the other poser put, large volume spikes on a 1 minute chart to see if it can indicate a move in price.

Thanks!