Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

easy scans/pfc Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tom32841
Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2005 11:57:52 AM
Bruce-L On 6/23 I asked for pcf for tsv crossing 0 and money stream higher than day before and you sent the folowinr:ms surg +1 100*(ms1-ms1.1)/(max(ms1,99)-min(msi,ms1,99)) and for tsv crossing 0 sgn(tsv1)-sgn(tsv1.1)and I also wanted to scan for increasing bop and was told use BOP 10.Is there any way to combine all 3 criteria into 1 easy scan?

Also included the following info under EasyScans:
tsv up and MS up
Moneystream surg : value (smallest possible value) to max
TSV crosssing 0: Value: Min-1
I do not know how to do that.
You also said could sort MoneyStream Surg to find greatest increase. you may want to:
How to create a Personal Criteria Forumula (PCF)
Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria
Constructing more versatile and reusable Personal Criteria Formulas
I don't understand.
Also what are most use full times for MACD? I have read "8-17-9 for pos breakout and 12-25-9 to confirm sell signal. Last but not least can you plot Stochastic as a histogram
Thank you for your help and patience.
Tom
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2005 12:09:19 PM

Worden Trainer

As a general rule, it is better to reply in the existing topic than to start a new one on the same subject. You may want to watch the following video:

Learn how to use the forums: post a new topic, reply, Search existing topics

Did you watch the videos I pointed to earlier? I'm going to respond to questions relating to the original topic there:

tsv and ms

Stochastics do not currently have a setting to plot as a Histogram. Recommending settings is not something the trainers do. You may wish to watch the following videos to help you find the settings that work best with your individual trading style and strategy:

Understanding MACD
Understanding Stochastics

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2005 12:13:02 PM

Worden Trainer

Did you watch the videos Bruce linked for you?

Once you create the PCFs he suggested you can then put them into the same EasyScan.

As for periods for MACD, or any indicator, there are never "most useful" settings. The reason we can change the settings is because there are not specific settings that are better than others.

Indicators with set superior settings don't allow you to change them (MoneyStream and BOP, for example).

You will have to play with the MACD settings to find the ones that fit how you look at charts and how you trade.

Here are more videos to check out:

Understanding Moving Averages - Part I, The Basics

Understanding Moving Averages - Part II, Using Multiple Averages

Understanding MACD

Learn how to use the forums: post a new topic, reply, Search existing topics

P.S.

It is generally best to post replies to original posts vs. starting a new post that referes to an old one. Just post on the old one.

- Craig
Here to Help!