Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tom32841
About
User Name: tom32841
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: wilder RSI indicator
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2005 10:37:49 PM
Are there any video's that explain the meaning/use Wilder RSI or similar indicator ?
Thanks,
Tom
Topic: Sir PMM easyscan 7/29
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2005 3:33:04 AM
In Worden Report Dated 7/29 Jim ( aka Sir PMM)suggested a Easy Scan looking for stocks >$15.00 I created the following Easy Scan and came up with 0 stocks. I was scanning the S&P 600 index:

watch list=S&P 600
price >1 to <15
Beta>1.5
90 day $ vol= list rank>20
added his suggested pcf (c*1.10)<=c1
Am I doing something wrong or are there just no stocks inthe s&p 600 that meet that criteria?

Thanks,
Tom
Topic: easy scan for MACD
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:55:34 PM
Thanks,
Tom
Topic: easy scan for MACD
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:57:34 PM
Is it possible to create 2 Easy Scans for MACD crossing 0 with 1 MACD setting @8-17-9 and the other setting @12-25-9 or if unable to use specific settings just MACD crossing 0 ?
Thanks,
Tom
Topic: Importing data from another source
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2005 6:24:40 PM
Hi,
In the Worden Report Wed 7/13 Dick (aka Mr Methodical) made reference about importing the IBD 100 list. I have tried both creating a Word doc and an Excel doc move them to desk top,my documents temp file. When I try to import the data TC5000 can't find the file to import. I'am not sure what I am doing wrong.I also got email from tech support that says you can't import data from another source. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom
Topic: easy scan
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 8:33:13 PM
Thank You,
Tom
Topic: easy scan
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2005 2:02:53 PM
In the 7/13/05 Worden Report, there were 2 postings from "Sir Methodical". The first on dated 7/11/05 and the second one dated 1/23/04.
In reference to the Jan/04 posting he wrote an Easy Scan called "My Universe". Some of the criteria he used to build the scan are not available in the current Easy Scan library. Is there a way to build an Easy Scan using available criteria to obtain the same results otained in the Jan 04 scan?
Thanks, Tom
Topic: Spotting trend changes using linear regression channel sorts
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2005 6:28:44 PM
I have used the same criteria and settings that you use in the video but a lot of the results show assending LR lines. Am i doing something wrong?
Thanks
Topic: easy scans/pfc
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2005 11:57:52 AM
Bruce-L On 6/23 I asked for pcf for tsv crossing 0 and money stream higher than day before and you sent the folowinr:ms surg +1 100*(ms1-ms1.1)/(max(ms1,99)-min(msi,ms1,99)) and for tsv crossing 0 sgn(tsv1)-sgn(tsv1.1)and I also wanted to scan for increasing bop and was told use BOP 10.Is there any way to combine all 3 criteria into 1 easy scan?

Also included the following info under EasyScans:
tsv up and MS up
Moneystream surg : value (smallest possible value) to max
TSV crosssing 0: Value: Min-1
I do not know how to do that.
You also said could sort MoneyStream Surg to find greatest increase. you may want to:
How to create a Personal Criteria Forumula (PCF)
Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria
Constructing more versatile and reusable Personal Criteria Formulas
I don't understand.
Also what are most use full times for MACD? I have read "8-17-9 for pos breakout and 12-25-9 to confirm sell signal. Last but not least can you plot Stochastic as a histogram
Thank you for your help and patience.
Tom
Topic: tsv and ms
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2005 2:12:05 PM
Thank you both very much!! One othe question, is the a pcf the looks at BOP that is in + teritory only and can if be use with the above scans? I will make sure that I view the recommened videos. I am very new to this and am trying to get a handle on some good screans with out having to look at hundreds of charts a day since I am on a limited time frame. Though you don't get something for nothing.
Thank again,
Tom