Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

IPO scan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
davidc1
Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:31:26 AM

Could you give the simplest way to scan for recent IPOs, say within the last 100 trading days. The only posts I can find relate to TC v7 and a pre-defined watchlist called "All Stocks".

Jessica_R
Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:57:55 AM

Worden Staff

davidc1,

You can do this as a WatchList Column, but not in an EasyScan. Create a Condition Formula to check for price to be equal to price as many trading days ago as you want to count in a year. For example:

C100 = C100

Go to Library > Condtions. Select New Condition Formula. 
Give this condition a name, I named mine 100day IPO. Enter your formula, C100=C100 and set your time-frame to daily. Click OK. This will place this condition into your Conditions Library.

Then, use it as a WatchList Column. You will need to right-click on the WatchList Column Header and select Edit Columns. Click the Orange plus sign to Add Column and look for the new condition you just created to add it as a watchlist column.

Now, highlight the name of the column and  set it when True to Do Nothing and When False to either Show Dot or Show Check. Click Done.

Now, any symbols in your watchlist that have been trading less than 100 days will have a dot or check mark next to it. 

davidc1
Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 11:05:58 AM

Thats not ideal as I would like to scan all stocks and include other conditions such as Volume and Price to narrow down the results.

Would it not be possible to add a custom PCF % true indicator to the chart, edit it and insert C100=C100, then create a scan condition from the chart with a value of less than 1 (if true its always 100), then add this condition to a new scan?

StockGuy
Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 11:10:19 AM

Administration

No, because if there are not 100 bars of data, then the formula on the chart will not calculate at all.

alfabrizio
Posted : Monday, April 27, 2015 8:55:43 AM

Rather frustrating that it can't be done as a scan. I agree with Davidc1 that creating a watchlist column is 'not ideal'. Its downright inefficient, in fact.  It would be great if TC2000 could engineer in the functionality. I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

bocajerry
Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 8:52:16 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

HI   Is it possible to create a scan for:

Ipo's which have come public in last 12 months trading within 10% of their all time highs with at least 250K volume?

Thanks

Jerry

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:34:52 AM

Worden Trainer

No, it is not. You can create a WatchList Column and sort for IPOs, but you cannot scan for IPOs.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles