Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: alfabrizio
About
User Name: alfabrizio
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 34
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Price Point on a Line
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 3:24:17 PM

Greetings:

I use fibonacci fans quite a bit but find the placement of them rather devilish. Do you know if there is a way to calculate the price point, eg, where the line intersects price? In other words, instead of placing these lines on all my charts, very tedious work, is there a way, given the variables (the interval from the fib starting point (number of days) the fib staring price (where the fan begins), the fib level (eg 50, 76 etc), to actually calculate it ? I'm sure there's an answer, but I don't recall from geometry and trig how to get there. The fib levels don't actually represent the slope in a conventional sense, so I'm not sure if the slope would need to be calculated first or what.

Kind thanks

Al

Topic: PPO Calculation
Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:34:28 PM

Kind thanks.

Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 2:24:33 PM

Hi Bruce,

That's super. Would the Donchian channel generally work that way also with other indics? I'm thinking of TSI (true strength).

Thanks

Al

Posted: Tuesday, August 9, 2016 9:17:45 AM

Greetings:

I'm trying to figure out how to express the idea of the PPO value today being less than any other PPO bar at a given interval, for example, 150 days. I've been trying to apply the "MAX ...(,150)" language, but it's not working for me.

I wonder if you can help me out with this.

The formula for PPO is:

(XAVCG9 - XAVGC26) / XAVGC26 > (XAVGC9 - XAVGC26) / XAVGC26

Topic: Ease of Movement Forumla
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:18:48 PM

Thanks Bruce! I'm going to work on that first chance I get - Al

Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 4:06:31 PM

Wow. Thanks for the heavy lifting on this. It doesn't appear to work though. I also tried adding a large positive number to both sides (eom and price)  to obviate the effects of eom venturing into negative territory - to no avail (I don't know if it was sound mathematics, but what the hell). 

I wish this weren't so difficult. Applying the sliders doesn't give reliable results. With the slider, an eom that's moving down quickly is often moving higher. I don't get the logic of that at all.

Do you know any other way to skin this cat ?

Thanks again,

Al

Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 2:40:07 PM

On charts, I typically apply the default which is 14, but I didn't know how to articulate that in this formula. I didn't want to use a 1-day EOM (I think I hadn't realized I was doing so). 

Typically if you have a stock trading at equilibrium, EOM 14 will tend to track price on a daily graph -  more or less depending on volatility and trend.  Sometimes it will surge ahead, sometimes hold back and those divergences can indicate strength or weakness.  So, the formula was intended to identify issues where the slope of eom is diverging (negatively) from price. That's why I used

price slope > eom slope  -- to (hopefully) find those negdivs.

I also stipulate a positive value to eom, knowing that it can be negative.  

PS ( I think I may have identified a problem here though. In order to divide "eom 15 - eom"  by 15, I need to bracket  "eom 15 - eom" ) I've made the correction, below.

((((H+L)/2) -  ((H1+L1)/2))   / ((V/100,000,000) / (H-L)) 15 - (((H+L)/2) -  ((H1+L1)/2))   / ((V/100,000,000) / (H-L))) / 15

Posted: Friday, January 22, 2016 1:31:25 PM

Question:

I wonder if you could check my formula. I've (attempted to) create a divergence formula of the slope of Ease of Movement (in this case over 15 days) vs the slope of price. I'm trying to identify divergences between price and eom (in this case eom declining (or rising) slower than price). What appears to be happening however is EOM is rising FASTER than price (the opposite of what I'm after). That's ok in a bull market but not what I'm looking for here. Thanks!

PS: The formula for EOM is: (((H+L)/2)-  ((H1+L1)/2))   / ((V/100,000,000) / (H-L))

Here's my slope divergence formula:

(((H+L)/2) -  ((H1+L1)/2))   / ((V/100,000,000) / (H-L)) 15 - (((H+L)/2) -  ((H1+L1)/2))   / ((V/100,000,000) / (H-L))  / 15 <

(C15- C) / 15

AND

(((H+L)/2)-  ((H1+L1)/2))   / ((V/100,000,000) / (H-L))  > 0

Topic: Price Divergence from TSV
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 3:50:22 PM

That&#39;s cool. I&#39;ll begin by applying the slowly setting and if that produces too many results, I can experiment with different slider settings on price and or the indicator in question.

Thx

Topic: Price Divergence from TSV
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 3:38:32 PM

Bruce, I&#39;m at a bit of a loss determining which velocity to select.  Can you provide an indication of what &#39;slowly&#39; &#39;fast&#39; and &#39;very fast&#39; actually measure?