Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

twitter function Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
cpapanic
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 8:05:39 AM

Hey I am trying to use the twitter function on the TC platform, but I get a message saying comming soon. Is it not functional yet? 

I am also wondering if Worden was planning on doing a customized package for your service where the costumer can pick a base and choose different add ons for extra charge. I know they were talking about it, but just curious to see what the word is on that. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 8:36:19 AM

Worden Trainer

The Twitter feature is not yet available. I do not know when or if any particular feature or big fix might be implemented. This includes both the Twitter feature and any plans for additional functionality at a cost over and above the base package.

That said, we did attempt to allow the ability to have additional Alerts at an added cost in March of 2012 in a way that would not increase the costs for anybody using the existing functionality. There was a lot of very vocal feedback when we did so and it was almost universally negative. We ended up just reverting back to the old functionality for everybody and the new features were not implemented.

This doesn't rule out that we might offer different add ons for an extra charge at some point in the future, but this past experience would almost certainly influence if and how this might be done.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
cpapanic
Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 10:03:14 AM

Thanks 

I understand,  personally I dont mind a extra to get a bit more functionality. As far as the alerts go, I think those should be part of the package. Some of the more advanced tools like Fibonacci, Gann, Elliott Wave, Pitch fork, etc if they are improved on the system such that you can do some of the cacluations and projections that these methods require, I wouldnt mind paying extra for it in addition to the base package I have already. Or for example, paying an extra fee to get real time data from the exhcnage. But that is only myopinion, I guess. Based on the seminars I have been to, I understand what kind of audience you are servicing so I am not suprised. Thanks for the heads up though. 

seachess
Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:56:22 AM

I find that many of the twitter feeds are just re-tweeters. Others build lists of 5 or 10 stocks that contain no real information. I would like to be able to establish a black list of twitter names that I never want to see in my feed. I also find that there are some tweets that I would love to see that don't show up.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:02:27 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been submitted to development for consideration to be included as a feature in a future version of TC2000.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:39:13 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

WOW....Twitter was first mentioned in 2009 on this forum.   5 years is a long time to "consider" something..! 

johndee
Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:18:37 PM

My problem with news and twitters feeds is high irrelevancy.

News feeds consist of many sources, but hardly any information is useful except of fillings. In fact,  I use this view to check fillings (as it's parsed already - good). But other news is rubbish. It doesn't bring most news by Reuters/DJ/Briefing etc. Really zero value for me.

Twitter feed consists of selected group of authors. I ididnd't find the logic there. Mostly it's spam. I wish I could get all tweets rathern than this "fine" selection. Again, zero value for me.

So only fillings for me. They're good, save my time, I don't need to open a sluggish website.

BTW it's 2015 and the last update is from April 2014. Great product needs some update.

johndee
Posted : Sunday, April 26, 2015 2:08:08 PM

After long use, I can confirm what I posted. Still no value of news and twitter, but LifeBriefs is a new paid choice. V12.5 was delivered, some changes there, but not worth of 1 year waiting. Still many defects in the application, especially the empty bars and too thin volume/macd bars introduced in 12.5. No integration with brokers. I think some FinViz features could be added like last insider transactions, analyst targets, just to make it a better scanner. Auto trendlines should be added definitely. Earnings should be displayed on graph, for sure. This is very practical application, deserves practical featuers, rather than programming features imo.

BTW every second HTTP request on this web ends like this:

Oops!

Something has gone wrong

Don't worry, it probably wasn't your fault. The network administrators have been notified.