Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

wilder's rsi + tsv Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
peryoung
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 1:04:04 PM
in watching mark larson's dvd 12 indicators that really work, one indicator that he mentions is wilder's rsi + tsv. Is this something that can be found readily in tc2005 or is it a pcf? If it is a pcf would someone already know the formula? any input appreciated. thank you.
Doug_H
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 3:39:05 PM

Worden Trainer

I'm not sure how Mark combines the two. Perhaps he plots them both and looks at the relationship between them. Both are available in TeleChart 2005, though TSV is a proprietary calculation, so the formula is not made publicly available.

If you can provide more information on this RSI+TSV indicator, perhaps we can help you figure out how to set it up in TeleChart.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
peryoung
Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 1:44:49 AM
ok, watched the tape again and here is what Larson says, TSV-18 when crosses 50% level it is buy signal. Wilder's RSI is a very commonly used lagging indicator. When used with Time Segmented Volume(TSV) and the right parameters it becomes a very powerful indicator. The combination of a lagging indicator(Wilder's RSI-14) and the leading indivator (TSV-18) helps identify a better entry and exit points. So two indicatoes put them together to create one and which he calls RSI-TSV indicator.
Doug_H
Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 8:05:19 AM

Worden Trainer

Sounds like you simply plot TSV18 and Wilder's RSI 14 in the same window, and watch the relationship. You can do indicator sorts comparing one to the other, and you can also sort TSV to find stocks where TSV is crossing up through the zero line (which is what I assume Larson must mean by the 50% level).

Here are some training videos that demonstrate the techniques, although different indicators are used in the videos.

Sort by Visual Value to find new highs and lows in price and indicators
Sort by indicator or price movement using Visual Change sorts
Comparing indicators using Visual Difference sorts

- Doug
Teaching Online!
Tanstaafl
Posted : Monday, June 6, 2005 12:16:40 AM
Let's try that again ... check out the thread:

PCF for the TSV crossing the RSI

Jim Dean

peryoung
Posted : Monday, June 6, 2005 8:01:13 PM
Doug H., or Tamstaafl or anyone else,

is there an e-mail address I can send you a pdf of the video? From it, maybe you can tell me if the graph they have is what you tried to explain to me. Thanks.

Craig_S
Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2005 2:59:54 AM

Worden Trainer

In his video he talks about TSV and RSI and using them together or in conjuction (but not by how the interact WITH each other; crossings, etc.)

The value of the center line in TSV is zero, in RSI it is fifty...

Does this help?

- Craig
Here to Help!