Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

CMGI on the go ... Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 12:17:07 AM
Seems to be changing character and the volume as been very supportive - last 3 days above average (more than twice the average). As I have checked on this one - my secondary indicators ROC, MS, and TSV all nicely improving.
I have the feeling this may be headed to take DEC's highs.
Keep your eye on it.
bbutkins
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 10:19:09 AM
I have been accumulating as a LTBH since last December, when Worden highlighted this stock. I am ploughing through the Investors Kit now. I like the technicals and the fundamentals as well...will continue to accumulate shares for a LTBH strategy.

peryoung
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 12:48:30 PM
they will report on monday the 6th of June. So maybe the accumulation is in regards to the report.
BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2005 11:28:57 PM
Thanks for the tip peryoung. I have not been on top of things lately. If the accumulation is in regards to news and the report is good, you can probably expect a little sell out (which may be a good opportuinity to accumulate more). If the news are not good the sell out will occur anyways although I would refrain from accumulation, and would drop any load you may have. In the face of bac news the stock may comeback to 1.94 where strong support was found before the breakout. Stronger support is still at 1.71.
Good luck fellows.
awortman1
Posted : Friday, June 3, 2005 8:53:48 PM
Does anyone have an idea as to what happened to CMGI today? Down over 7% on 4 times normal volume - I couldn't find any negative news. Anybody find negatives?
spread
Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2005 11:54:42 AM
Nothing in the press to cause the down turn , just a lot of shorts causing turmoil . Also the expected good earnings on monday may already be in the price
awortman1
Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2005 8:35:11 AM
Watching the T&S for CMGI on Friday, seemed as if sales were in frequent large blocks suggesting that institutions were dumping the stock. Also checking fundementals, I found the EPS percent change last qtr and 2 qtrs. back, at minus 100%!! Trying to decide if I should dump this stock in a hurry Monday morning or hold in light of favorable comments earlier. Anyone have any ideas??
awortman1
Posted : Monday, June 6, 2005 10:31:21 PM
Up 2.25% today - so far so good. I'd still like to hear from anyone with a long-term prognosis for this stock.
BigBlock
Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2005 10:48:45 PM
As I said there would be a sell off regardless. I could see monday night that the news had been taken negatively.
This earnings report should bring caution, and I would not accumulate anymore here until further notice. If you didn't get out in after hour session on Monday, and still have profits on the table take them. This will probably retest the support of 1.71 if the current support is taken.
good luck fellows.