Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Feature - Bring back ability to draw a horizontal trendline in v12 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Telework
Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:54:05 PM

In Telechart 2007 you could hold down the Shift key while drawing a trendline in order to draw a horizontal line. I waste so much time in v12 trying to get my trendlines horizontal manually that it would be really great if you would consider bringing this feature back.

I do have "Use Telechart 2007 Hot Keys" selected and yet this function still does not work.

As an aside, there are certain Telechart 2007 Hot Keys that were not ported over. When you have "Use Telechart 2007 Hot Keys" the combination of these Hot Keys + new TC2000 Hot Keys - Hot Keys not ported from 2007 creates a unique Hot Key environment that is not documented anywhere that I can find. I'm in the process of documenting this and can share in a post.

Thanks!

Josh

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:09:00 PM

Worden Trainer

The H Line Drawing Tool in TC2000 version 12.2 is a Horizontal Trendline. It isn't available by selecting shift while using the regular Trend Drawing Tool, but it is available.

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 7990.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Telework
Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:13:44 PM

Thanks Bruce. I appreciate there is a Horizontal Trendline drawing tool. However this tool creates a line that is the full width of the chart and cannot be resized. I find this useful for major areas of resistance and support but not practical for other applications.

Also, I find that any tool used on a regular basis that does not have a hot key really slows you down when reviewing hundreds of charts per day.

Josh

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:16:16 PM

Worden Trainer

Understood. That's why I submitted the suggestion instead of waiting for your reply to do so.

I have appended your clarification to the original suggestion.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
abond
Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:04:44 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Can I stuff the ballot box for this one?!! Completely agree with Josh. Using a horizontal trend line is far better for marking support and resistance than the horizontal line tool. But, it is tedious to get the line straight. It had become such a habit in Telechart 2007 that I still catch myself holding shift when drawing the line.

Is there a place to see the feature recommendations of all users and vote for them?

Alan

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 8:15:00 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 8402.

We have a database of detailed bug reports and feature requests which tracks the number of bugs and suggestions for any particular issue or feature. The list is then prioritized taking into account the number of related cases. This database is not publicly available however.

The best way to influence the features of TC2000 is to send your bug reports or suggestions to:

Feedback@TC2000.com

Note that we do keep track of which customers have submitted which bugs or suggestions and cross reference related items so we can get additional information and provide personal notification when a issues are resolved and features are implemented. This means multiple reports and suggestions from the same person will be assigned to the same case and not increment the number of people reporting that issue or making that suggestion (so sending this same suggestion by email would not help stuff the ballot box).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Telework
Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:47:12 AM

Any update on whether this particular request has made it into the development queue, so to speak. 

Would love to see this small feature sooner than later.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:03:42 AM

Worden Trainer

No. I do not know when or if any particular feature will be implemented.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
lowell69
Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:06:46 AM

I also would like to see the capabiilty to create s fixed length horizontal (and vertical if possible) Trend Line. The great part of the Trend Line is anchoring the ends. The horizontal line running all across the screen makes you search for that end point you wanted to highlight with the horizontal trend line. The anchored Trend Line draws your eye right to where you want it to go at the end of the line.

Eyeballing the Trend Line to horizontal with a high resolution screen is really tough. On a lower resolution screen the jaggies disappear at the horizontal and makes it easy. On the High resolution screen there ae no jaggies to the line at any angle.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:13:09 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 9116.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
pthegreat
Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:01:54 PM

Rightclicking the trend line, and be able to set a price and date value for start and ending of trend line would be a nice feature as well. The horizontal line already has a "value" feature.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 11:08:33 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 9364.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Telework
Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:49:48 PM

This missing feature from v7 drives me nuts. (and that's coming from someone who otherwise loves this software).  Is there any way to get an update on this?  I was surprised to not see it in the TC2000 v12.3 beta. 

Would also really like to be able to change the transparency of trendlines so you can customize how they blend into the chart.

Josh

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:32:57 AM

Worden Trainer

There really is no way to know when a particular suggestion might get implemented. The quality control, development and management teams are all involved in prioritizing and implementing various suggestions and bug fixes to at least some extent.

There are literally thousands of suggestions in the database. We cross reference similar suggestions and track the number of customers making similar suggestions and this influences the priority of that suggestion to some extent. That said, a high priority suggestion may not end up being implemented before a lower priority suggestion for a variety of different reasons.

I have appended your most recent post to case number 7990.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
matttpearce
Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 10:48:01 PM

I would also like to see this feature.  The "Horizontal Line" tool is pretty useless since it will go all the way to the left and you are not sure where the starting point is/was.  It would be nice to make your trendline to be exactly horizontal or assign it a value as the Horizontal Line tool does.  Curretly I have to go to the "Chart Color and Grid Settings" and raise the "Value Grid Line" and then try to allign my trendline as horizontal as my eye sees with the grids.  Very annoying which seems like a hot key could solve this problem easily.  

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:20:03 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 10358.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:06:32 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Hey Bruce.....you do a great job as Worden's "Press Secretary" and "Frontman".  I'm sure you'll have a great future in Washinton if the opportunity comes around.

matttpearce
Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:53:18 PM

Its really a shame that this has not been implimented.  A straight horizontal line would be probably the most basic visual thing you can draw since a horizontal line would simply represent the price.  How is this not a feature?  Its very frusterating trying to draw a perfectly horizontal line without increasing or lowering the price.

please  :)   try your best :)

thanks!!

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:34:23 AM

Worden Trainer

I have appended your most recent post to the original suggestion.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles