Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: abond
About
User Name: abond
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Trading from TC2000
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:58:02 PM

TC2000 is absolutely great!!  Are there any plans to provide a "chart-trading" capability from TC2000 to brokerage firms? If so, might I suggest you start with Interactive Brokers?

Topic: Auto Maximize
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:46:44 PM

I use a program called Macro Scheduler to automate a number of windows-related actions, one of which is to spread my TC2000 application over three monitors. It takes 5 lines of code and I assign it to Ctrl+E (for expand) and it moves and resizes the TC2000 window across the monitors instantly. It probably wouldn't be worth the cost for just this, but I have found it very useful for automating windows activities. Hope that helps.

Topic: Feature - Bring back ability to draw a horizontal trendline in v12
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 7:04:44 PM

Can I stuff the ballot box for this one?!! Completely agree with Josh. Using a horizontal trend line is far better for marking support and resistance than the horizontal line tool. But, it is tedious to get the line straight. It had become such a habit in Telechart 2007 that I still catch myself holding shift when drawing the line.

Is there a place to see the feature recommendations of all users and vote for them?

Alan

Topic: Pass a symbol from Excel to TC2000 to change chart.
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:17:10 PM

After some tweaking, was able to get it working perfectly. Now I can maintain my watchlists in a visual order that I like and use TC2000 to browse the charts. Excellent. Thank you.

Topic: Pass a symbol from Excel to TC2000 to change chart.
Posted: Monday, August 6, 2012 12:27:09 AM

I need to manage my watchlists in Excel (because I want to keep the symbols in a certain order and nest child symbols, etc.).   I want to be able to pass one symbol at a time to TC2000 to display the chart. I can create the VBA code for the macro to do what is needed on the Excel side, but cannot get TC2000 to accept the symbol.  In an old version of Telechart I used to be able to use SendKeys. I'd send 'j' for jump and the symbol and it would change the chart. For some reason, I cannot get it to work in TC2000. I tried changing the setting to use the telechart hotkeys and sending the j plus symbol and I tried not using the hotkeys setting and just sending the symbol. Nothing works. Any suggestions on what I need to do to get TC2000 to recognize the symbol and change the chart?