Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Feature suggestion Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
eric2phan
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:26:32 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

A suggestion: having floating windows to split things up via multiple monitors would be really helpful in regards to reducing single screen clutter.  Thus you could have watchlists on one screen with the stock charts on another.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:41:15 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 7475.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
chris_salmon
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:07:58 PM

Another suggestion (if it's not already in the system!) - an option to display dividend amount / share by date on the chart? Perhaps this could be accessed like the option to display notes in the menu and would certainly help during scans.

PS: ex-divended dates would be absolutely awesome (especially as a custom scan).

Thanks for listening to customers. Not everyone does ...

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:23:27 PM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been assigned case number 7477.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
frankdel
Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 11:08:03 PM

I have broached this floating window suggestion several times already. Is this in the works yet? Without it it makes many of the new features youve added in the new version basically irrelevant for me because i cant space it with my other software in a way in which it could be utililized properly. (please nobody respond with the notion that i can run multiple instances of tc v12. that isnt a solution) Im certain this is an issue for other serious traders with multiple monitor setups. I implore the tc folks to make this a top priority. It is the only course of action that makes business sense for your company.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:24:44 AM

Worden Trainer

I have no idea when or if the feature might be implemented in TC2000 version 12.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
donbetman
Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:14:33 AM

I might be misunderstanding the suggestion but floating windows is a limitation of MS Silverlight.  I read somewhere that it is something MS plans to roll out in the future.  I love the floating window idea.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:25:51 PM

QUOTE (frankdel)
I have broached this floating window suggestion several times already. Is this in the works yet? ... I implore the tc folks to make this a top priority.

I haven't kept completely up-to-date on this topic, but I believe donbetmen is correct: this is a Microsoft Silverlight issue (sometimes vendor lock-in is a bitch but can't always be avoided).

I've heard rumors of various dates when Silverlight will support multi-monitors but, to quote Bruce: "I have no idea when or if the feature might be implemented".

Enough people have brought this up that I'd be willing to bet several months of Platinum service that it has been a top priority from the beginning.

Like a lot of folks, I love my multi-monitor setups, but when Microsoft hands you a lemon, make some lemonade ... just a suggestion, but take some trading profits and get a 30" monitor ... you'll never go back :)

delphi
Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 2:03:58 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I would prefer to break out the windows as well.  But, for now, I have 3 22" monitors and I pull the program across all three.  It works fine but everytime I open the program, I have to pull it across again. It does not save.  Is this because of the limitations of the multi-monitors?  

But, frankly, my biggest gripe are the charts - no paintbar studies and cannot color code indicators based on certain criteria.  Until that happens, I just find myself opening the program less and less.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 2:12:10 PM

Worden Trainer

I do not know why the window size is not saving for you. It could be that the window is stretched across multiple monitors, but I could not say for sure.

Thank you for your paint scheme suggestion. It has been assigned case number 7504.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
frankdel
Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:15:19 AM

Are the floating windows outside of the main window ever going to be implemented by tc2000? We have been asking for this for yrs now. It is such a basic feature that would improve the program. What is the eta if there is any? And if its not going to happen please just say so and explain why the limitation. Thanks.

Winnie
Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:13:08 PM

From Worden Tech Support: “At this time the program only supports one monitor. You can drag the program across multiple monitors, but cannot open separate windows on different monitors”

To clarify, for multiple monitors, it is not a TC2000 or Worden issue but a Microsoft Silverlight program issue. Silverlight is a Microsoft development tool for running Web and Mobile Applications, TC2000 application is written for Silverlight.

Silverlight presently does not support separate windows on different monitors, period.  It’s not a choice or option available for TC2000 but rests with Microsoft Silverlight program.

Depending on your multiple monitor setup, say 1-4 monitors across horizontal or stacked 2 on top and 2 below, you can stretch the TC2000 Main Window across all 4 monitors but cannot take a TC2000 WatchList window or a TC2000 Chart window and move it to a separate monitor out of the TC2000 Main Window.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:18:28 PM

I'm just an applications programmer (I don't mess with Microsoft, Silverlight, or .NET development for my day job) but I'm not entirely sure the finger can be pointed at Silverlight any longer ...

Multiple Windows

You can display multiple Window instances in trusted, out-of-browser applications. This enables you to create non-modal dialog boxes, tear-off windows, and user-adjustable layouts that can span multiple monitors. For more information, see the Window class.

Source: What's New in Silverlight 5

If I'm reading this right the latest version of Silverlight can support multiple monitors. Of course, anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time has asked for multiple monitor support, so if it's not already at the top of Worden's to-do list it's gotta be right there.

Also, anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time already knows what's coming ...

QUOTE (Bruce_L)
I don't know. There is no ETA. There will be no ETA until the feature is officially announced or released for TC2000 version 12.

... so while my fingers are crossed for v12.4 or v13 (or whatever it'll be called) I frankly think there's a better chance of Washington getting its !@#$%& together than seeing this feature any time soon ... and if/when it comes you'll get little or no advance notice.

As I mentioned above in May, I just went w/ a bigger monitor. Like a monthly subscription I chalked it up as a cost of doing business. Occasionally, I'll open multiple instances of TC2000 and place each on its own monitor. Depending on your use of Symbol & Timeframe linking not everything needs to be in one instance. Stretching one instance across monitors is my least favorite workaround, though others do it.

I realize that everyone's process is different so I'm not offering these up as suggestions; this is just what I do.

Gotta go: I just spilled a whole lot of coffee on my remote control and need to call the cable company :)

frankdel
Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:42:54 PM

Any official update?

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:37:57 AM

Worden Trainer

We are planning on implementing floating windows which remember their size and position when closed. I do not have a specific time frame on when the feature will be implemented however.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
ovisandre
Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:07:38 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

We are planning on implementing floating windows which remember their size and position when closed. I do not have a specific time frame on when the feature will be implemented however.

Any updates on this implementation? It is much desired ...

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:30:32 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not have a specific time frame on when the feature will be implemented.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
signaltap
Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:37:40 AM

I just started using TC2000 ver 12 almost 2 weeks ago and this issue of having multiple windows is eating me alive this morning. I have 8 monitors of 24in each... they should not call it floating windows because is blocking OTHER windows within the program... this version is backward looking because version 7 I used to that! by Signaltap

frankdel
Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2013 8:25:07 PM

When  are the floating windows across multiple monitors going to be implemented. You realize its been years now that weve been asking for this very basic feature found in all other serious charting and scanning programs; Yes litterally every single other serious program has this feature. EVERY ONE. When are you gonna catch up and compete? Thanks.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 10, 2013 9:52:55 AM

Worden Trainer

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles