Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: delphi
About
User Name: delphi
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 38
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Candlesticks and Color Coding
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:39:33 AM

You have made tremendous improvements to the program over the past year!  Please do not forget to continue to improve the quality and look of the charts and those capabilities.  I suggest that you offer the ability to put an outline around the Candlestick charts so the user can define the color of the wick and the outline.  This may seem like a small thing, but it will improve the overall look of the charts immensely.  In addition, the ability to color code a bar based on certain criteria.  For instance, Narrow range bar or a Wide range bar however the user would like to define it.  Or being able to color code a moving average based on slope.  I believe these would provide a huge upgrade to the overall user experience!  Are any of these potentially in the works for Version 19?

Topic: Different time frame Indicator
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 2:02:07 PM

Is it possible to create an indicator - a simple MA, for example, in a specific time frame and then plot in on a different time frame?  i.e.  a quarterly 5 SMA  and then plot it on a weekly chart?

Joe

Topic: Paint Bars/Color Coding
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:15:54 PM

Thanks Diceman,  I will look into it.

Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 6:04:26 PM

Thanks Bruce.

I guess I would like to know the direction of the product.  Is there someone I can talk to that would be able to tell me what the next generation of this product is likely to include?  

Joe

Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 4:28:03 PM

I have asked about this in the past.  Is there anyway to know if you are even considering adding conditional paint bar studies and color coded indicators to TC2000?  I do not want to waste too much time with this unless I know that it is a possibility.  I am a long time user of TC2000 and it was probably a year ago the last time I asked about this item.  If it is not possible using Silverlight, okay.  But, I would at least like to know.  I have 2 other charting software programs that have color coding based on conditions but I would use your program a lot more if this feature was available.

Joe

Topic: Paint Bars
Posted: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 1:59:58 PM

Have there been any discussions about adding the ability to create Paint Bar studies or color coded indicators?

Joe

Topic: Pivot points
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 10:14:28 AM

I have been requesting for the ability to have weekly or monthly pivots (or any timeframe) to show up on a different time frame.  For example, have monthly pivot points overlaid onto a daily chart.  Since you already have all timeframes from intraday to yearly, this should not be difficult to program.  It would be highly useful.

Joe

Topic: Feature suggestion
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 2:03:58 PM

I would prefer to break out the windows as well.  But, for now, I have 3 22" monitors and I pull the program across all three.  It works fine but everytime I open the program, I have to pull it across again. It does not save.  Is this because of the limitations of the multi-monitors?  

But, frankly, my biggest gripe are the charts - no paintbar studies and cannot color code indicators based on certain criteria.  Until that happens, I just find myself opening the program less and less.

Topic: Custom Indicator as sort item (for Bruce)
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:25:17 PM
When I add this line to the end, it gives me a error message.
Topic: Custom Indicator as sort item (for Bruce)
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:09:16 PM
Bruce,
A while back you created a version of ADX for me which uses 13 DI lines and an 8 for ADX (code below).  It works great on the chart.  However, when I try to put it on the watchlist as a sort item, the numbers are incorrect.  Can you tell me what is wrong?  
Thanks,
Joe

'# Period = UserInput.Integer = 8
Static DX As Single
Static DMp As Single
Static DMn As Single
Static DMIp As Single
Static DMIn As Single
Static ADX As Single
Static termratio As Single
Static weight As Single
Static sumweight As Single
If isFirstBar Then
 DMIp = 0
 DMIn = 0
 ADX = 0
 termratio = (Period - 1) / Period
 weight = 1
 sumweight = 1
Else
 If Price.High > Price.High(1) And _
  Price.High - Price.High(1) > Price.Low(1) - Price.Low Then
  DMp = Price.High - Price.High(1)
 Else
  DMp = 0
 End If
 If Price.Low(1) > Price.Low And _
  Price.Low(1) - Price.Low > Price.High - Price.High(1) Then
  DMn = Price.Low(1) - Price.Low
 Else
  DMn = 0
 End If
 DMIp = DMIp * (1 - weight) + weight * DMp
 DMIn = DMIn * (1 - weight) + weight * DMn
 DX = 100 * System.Math.Abs(DMIp-DMIn)/(DMIp+DMIn+.00000001)
 ADX = ADX * (1 - weight) + weight * DX
 sumweight = sumweight * termratio + 1
 weight = 1 / sumweight
End If
Plot = ADX