Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Volume Signals Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tommystam
Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:42:21 PM
Hi, can you please give me 2-3 useful volume indicators or oscillators? Thx
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:00:13 AM

Worden Trainer

The trainers can't give setting, interpretation or investment advice. I'll move this topic to the Stock and Market Talk forum so other traders will be more likely to see it and comment.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
zoz
Posted : Monday, June 4, 2012 9:46:41 PM

Do you have spell checker here?  I find the the up and down volumn on the TradeStation data window to be a good indicator.  thats up and down on a single bar . There is a bunch of ways to sue it . If you have more down volumn on a green up bar than down volumn the next bar wil go up..  If you have more up volumn on a green bar it will send the next bar up. Whys is that. it doesn't work with the red down bar..If you have more up volumn on the down bar it dowsn't go up it goes down  and if you have

I was hoping that more up volumn would signal the next bar to go down on a down bar.  If you have equal volumn on a single bar  that tells on on occasion the turning point . but now it acts as a continuation pattern  if you get a green bar with equal volumn its likely the next bar will go up.

What about equal volumn on a down bar?  I should continue down, . But you got to look at it yourself because what work yesterday may not worked today. but it might again work next week. The last time it used it was finding the turning point of the May correction the emini sp was at 1402 an equal bar printed on the 48o min. chart. That was the turning point not a week privious when the S&P was at 1410 or a week later when it went up to 1418. .the 1418 run was a fake ouit or climax top or consumate a double top  or what ever. I still look at the up and down volumn but mainly I pull out my six shooters close my eyes and start shooting . figuretively speaking of course