Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Easy Scan "conditions" question?? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
greenawalt
Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:58:54 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

So I'm building an easy scan...When I open the condition "Revenue Growth Rate last 4 qtr" What does the conition type mean by Value? Mkt Rank? List Rank?...Also, What is this Thermometer box which i can min and max??? What i want to build is a universe of companies which I can rank by the growth of their last 4 qtrs...example i want the top 50 companies which are growing their revenues ie say 25 to 50% last 4 qtrs cumulative? I'm i on the right track with this easy scan condition??
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 11:29:55 AM

Worden Trainer

Based on the specifics of your question, it reads like it relates to TeleChart 2007. The Definitions of all built in scanning and sorting criteria topic contains a list of built in System Criteria for TeleChart 2007 along with their definitions.

Revenue Growth Rate Last 4 Qtrs - The difference between the latest fiscal year revenue and the previous fiscal year revenue, expressed as a percentage.

I would suggest taking a look at the Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria to give you a better feel for how EasyScans work in TeleChart 2007. The Indicators, Sorting & Scanning video would give you a similar overview of Scans in TC2000 version 12.

Value means the actual numerical result of the EasyScan Condition.

Market Rank means at what percentile that numerical result ranks when compared to the market as a whole.

List Rank means at what percentile that numerical result ranks when compared to the WatchList which has been selected as the WatchList to Scan for that particular EasyScan.

The EasyScan Rangefinder allows you to set a minimum and maximum Value, Market Rank or List Rank to return True and not be eliminated from the EasyScan.

It is not possible to search for the top 50 companies, but if you know the size of the list, you could set a List Rank which might be close. For example, if there where 500 symbols in the WatchList, you could set the List Rank to 90 to Max or possibly 91 to Max to something close to 50 symbols.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
greenawalt
Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:34:03 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Ok, so Revenue growths rates from what i gather in TC2000 and TC2007 are from year 2010-2009 not 2011?? So the worden team doesn't update the last trailing 4 qtrs?? And when during the new year do you update the trailing fiscal condition??
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:52:15 PM

Worden Trainer

Our fundamental data is updated once a week on Saturday using the most recently available data. In the case of Revenue Growth Rate, this would mean it is updated each quarter when actual revenue figures for the quarter become available.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles