Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Hfc anyone? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mcubas
Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:56:15 AM
The weekly chart called my attention. The stock bounced a bit off resistance ans i poised to go to at least 36. Right now it is at 33.40. i expect a rise next week. What do you guys think?
mcubas
Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2011 10:02:58 AM
Sorry, i meant "it bounced off SUPPORT", not resistance
ocfisher
Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:00:54 PM

If by support you mean the long lasting trendline from last Sept-Oct, it was to break at some point and it did that today on pretty descent voulme.  Now that deosn't mean HFC is in a bear; it could consolidate for a while then go up, or down, or just stay in a range for a long  time...who knows.  The point is a long-standing trendline can and will break at some point, and caution is as always warranted.  If I were trade HFC, I would wait for it to bounce back to 40 level (all time high), and short it then.  That seems to  
 provide a lower risk entry.
sailnadream
Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:58:33 PM
This has saved me many times from going in long too early.  I do not go long until price is above the Linear Regression line and the LR line is moving as if to push the stock up.  If you want more on that topic check out Tobydads info on LR lines or crowbars.  The point that that would have occurred on this chart would have been on 8/24.  Not the best set up though because the tip of the LR line was not pushing price up, and there was not much volume or BOP.  There was an ominous candle on 8/31 where I would have questioned getting out.  Looking at this chart I would wait awhile.  I'd like to see a spike in volume and price above the LR 30.  Just my perspective, works for me.  

mcubas
Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 4:33:02 PM
I think it could have wokred nicely if all the bad news from the economy hadn't come into play... I got out as soon as I saw the stink coming from the news.