Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

AGQ Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
hohandy
Posted : Monday, November 8, 2010 9:52:31 PM
MACD=100 on every level.  All time high volume.  Just sayin
cpsi
Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:41:05 PM
Traded that in the vse (virtual stock exchange). I think I bought at the high tick. I do these things so as to not do them in real money.

Gold looks solid over $1400 again. And AGQ held 120 nicely.The volatility gave me nosebleed, though.
fpetry
Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 7:28:38 AM

QUOTE (cpsi)
Traded that in the vse (virtual stock exchange). I think I bought at the high tick. I do these things so as to not do them in real money.

Gold looks solid over $1400 again. And AGQ held 120 nicely.The volatility gave me nosebleed, though.

AGQ may have held 120 but chart flashed a potential very ominous topping signal earlier this week hinting at a reversal, short term at least. The bearish engulf on super high volume.

Gold...GLD, GDX, similar signals same day.

hohandy
Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:27:02 PM

Gotta use ETFs like AGQ with their inverse (in this case ZSL).  AGQ flashed a reversal on Tuesday (Bearish engulfing signal - not a surprise considering how everextended it was) and I switched to ZSL.  So far in November I'm up just under 40% on AGQ and just under 13% since I made the ZSL switch.  Looking at the AGQ chart, it showed very nice support at the 20ma on its last pullback, so while I'm in ZSL, I'll keep an eye on the AGQ chart and switch back if the 20ma proves meaningful again.  
The important thing is that silver (and gold, etc) is right now in a volatile price state and with leveraged ETFs there are extremely nice price movements to take advantage of and we Telechart users have the knowledge and the tools to take advantage of that.  It's swing trading at its best - but with leveraged volatility, each swing is easily capable of adding double digit returns.  Using ETF pairs such as AGQ/ZSL means double the amount of  trading signals for confirmation.

tdmartha
Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:33:30 PM
You cannnot disconnect stocks from politics, or economics.  They go hand on hand together.

If you think you can do that - I say dream on.

In fact, you will never make any money until you  find the connection.

Thinking that your MA, your stochs, or your whatever indicator/s  by themselve or together are going to do the job is as naive as thinking that reading a book, or joining an "on line or off line club" is going to make you profitable.

Listen to people that know how to swim all day, watch them swim all day, and then read all the books you want about swimming THEN jump in the pool and see if you can swim.

I personally haven't seen on this board ever a profitable technique, advice, or certainty on the bet.  Instead I see a lot of non productive tinkering by folks who for the most part I bet are losing their shirts.

The answer isn't here.  The answer is within yourself.
hohandy
Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 5:12:23 PM
I'm up 4.5% today - well over 50% so far for the month - how's it going for you there, TD?
cpsi
Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 8:15:37 PM
Rode AGQ down, again not in real money - I find that the longer I follow a symbol, the more in tune I get with it. Whole market flagged a top last week. Support at 120 looks weak. But tomorrow always brings surprises.
hohandy
Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:50:45 AM

another nice pop today - I'm in at 110.12 - made about 14% in ZSL on the way down.
MACD=100 back at AGQ 147 last week makes a nice 30%+ target :-)

hohandy
Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:08:24 PM

the current silver price spike peaked (albeit most likely only temporarily) today and once it became apparent that the $30 line for silver wasn't going to hold, I sold out of AGQ and switched over to its inverse ZSL.  Total haul on this leg for 3 weeks was 36.8%.  Today's ZSL gain post-switch was 6.9%.

I don't expect this pullback to last long - AGQ had risen way too far and was ripe for a pullback, which I expect to be until the 20ma (currently at 128.02) is reached - AGQ has found support here several times in the past couple of months.  Or until the silver price clears $30 again.  whichever comes first - and then I'll switch again - it's all good

So far my total return since mid-October playing the AGQ/ZSL play is just a bit over 90%.  Hear that, td? 

hohandy
Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 5:11:56 PM
oh - forgot to mention - before it crashed, AGQ easily reached and went past the 147 mark from Nov 9.  MACD(H)=100 (and the HNC/Diceman setup) worked admirably again!  

Hear that td?