Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Exponential Moving Average on Price Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jmasoc
Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 2:45:26 PM

I Just read this Month's article on the Zero Lag Indiator in Stocks and Commodities.  The Indicator is available in Stockfinder, but the Exponential Moving Average is not.  Please advise how to  formulate the EMA for this layout.
Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 3:01:31 PM

Worden Trainer

The Zero Lag - Error Correcting Indicator in the Web Library actually calculates the EMA internally and outputs it as the Open. You could change the Plot Style to OHLC Bar or Candlestick to sort of see it. I've created a version that extracts the Open using a Block Diagram based Indicator with a Bar Open Block however and attached it to this post.

You should be able to Open an attached Indicator directly into a running copy of StockFinder 5 (and save it from within StockFinder 5 if desired). You could also Save it to the \My Documents\StockFinder5\(Your Username)\My Indicators\ folder and then load it like you would any other Indicator (or Copy and Paste it there from wherever it Saves if you can't specify the destination directory when Saving).

Attachments:
Zero Lag - Error Correcting.sfIndRC - 8 KB, downloaded 961 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
jmasoc
Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:58:16 AM
Hi Bruce,

I'm unable to open the attachment.  Is it a Word Document?
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:05:42 AM

Worden Trainer

No, it is not a Word document. It is a StockFinder Indicator file. It should automatically start up StockFinder and load the Indicator onto your Chart if you Open it in the forums.

If it is not opening automatically for you, it is possible that the file association for the file type is not set to SF5. If this is the case, move on to the directions in the second sentence of the second paragraph to get the file into StockFinder by Saving it instead of Opening it.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
jmasoc
Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 1:05:08 AM
Thanks Bruce.  The chart takes on a different perspective

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:04:43 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
thebernie
Posted : Monday, November 1, 2010 7:14:58 PM

Bruce;

When I try to load this in Stockfinder 5, it attempts to download Stockfinder 4.  Do you know what the problem is?

Attachments:

Zero Lag - Error Correcting.sfIndRC - 8 KB, downloaded 12 time(s).

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:05:29 AM

Worden Trainer

thebernie,
It would pretty much be the same reason as was explained in my Thursday, October 28, 2010 11:05:42 AM ET post except that instead of not having a file association at all, the file association is with SF4 instead of SF5.

The same workaround applies. Technical support may be able to help get the file association set correctly for you.

All e-mail communication sent to support@worden.com during business hours (Monday through Friday 9AM-11PM and Saturday and Sunday 9AM-3PM ET) should be answered within 20 minutes of arrival.

For an even quicker response to tech support questions, we recommend calling our voice line at (919) 408-0542 (there is no phone support on Sundays, some Market Holidays or after 9PM ET on weekdays).

You can also contact us using Live Chat Support during business hours.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
jschott
Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:42:13 PM
Bruce, I note that this thread is one of many that include a reference to a real code downloadable.  Since these are effectively hidden within the forum response, I would like to suggest a running catalog of these (and other real code efforts where you supply the read code as a text file.

There are also the Shares which ago off the SF itself - While one can search for them if you have an idea of the read title or author, that's often not a logically association.

Worden would help us all if an open catalog of all of your good creations was available in a similar manner.  Same goes for other contributors (such as jas0501) for even if the RC that is not immediately useful to us as individuals is great for a learning experience.

I have suugested this previously on the suggestions sections of the forums, with no responce - but it's a shame how many RC examples are effectively hidden by not having a common archive. 
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 9:28:18 AM

Worden Trainer

We have tried creating lists of this type in the past and they quickly grow to the point of being unmanageable maintenance headaches. We post a lot of Personal Criteria Formulas, EasyScans, RealCode and other examples to the forums. The examples of various types for both programs posted by myself alone number in the thousands.

It is possible to locate most of the Worden Brothers supplied attached examples of the type you are currently describing however. I do so with some frequency when providing previous examples for current questions. Just search for the word "attached". You can add "indicator", "chart" or "layout" and some keywords to a Match All Words search to narrow things down even further.

Learn how to use the forums: post a new topic, reply, Search existing topics

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles