Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jmasoc
About
User Name: jmasoc
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TSV-Price Divergance easyscan
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:49:39 AM

When using the "Price Moving Down Net" condition, I'm getting erratic results.  Then when I try to edit the condition, the "Price History" box comes up, not the original box.  As a result, I'm unable to edit the original settings.  From what I can determine, if the period is set for 20, if the price goes down from the 20th day to the 19th day, I get a positive sort.  

Also, the box "Price > 2 (default)" I'm interpreting to mean that over the 20 day period, the price moved less than $2.00.  Is that correct?  (if that's the case, wouldn't a number of 100, or 1000 work just as well?

Topic: TSV-Price Divergance easyscan
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2012 11:37:43 PM

How do I write an easyscan or a  pcf to Look for divergance in price direction vs TSI divergance?

I've tried using the standard method of creating easyscans, and can get such things as "TSV crossing up (or down) the 0 Line, or Moving Up, or Moving down,"  But I haven't figured out how to get  "price moving down, and TSV moving up. "When price is moving down, I'm not too worried about whether TSV  is above or below the 0 LIne) 

Topic: Trading within a regression channel
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2012 3:11:42 PM

I've been reviewing some of my old trades and discovered that I caught the up leg of a "rolling" stock, but never went back in to catch the up leg on the next cycle.  All of these stocks have remained within the Regression channel for at least a year before breaking out. 

Is there a PCF that will assist in finding the stocks that are trading within their regression Channel?

John Murphy

jmasoc

Topic: Price to Book Value
Posted: Friday, February 11, 2011 3:29:17 PM
I wanted to use this as a sort criteria in the new Telechart 2011.....

It is a little clumsy to bring the watch list over from Telechart to stockfinder and then sort again.  Perhaps the book value per share can be included in the updates of TC2011.
Topic: Price to Book Value
Posted: Wednesday, February 9, 2011 6:58:19 PM
I am trying to write a PCF that will serve as a value indicator.  By Definition a price  to book value of less than "one" would indicate that the stock is undervalued.  The basic formula is 

Market Price Per Share    =  Price to Book Ratio.
Book Value per Share     

The formula to determine Book Value is:

Total Assets - (Minus) Total Liabilities     =  Book Value per Share
Number of Shares outstanding              

Is the Total Number of Shares outstanding available in the database?  If so, how is it represented either in realcode or  in a PCF formula.

Thanks 

Topic: Exponential Moving Average on Price
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 1:05:08 AM
Thanks Bruce.  The chart takes on a different perspective

Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:58:16 AM
Hi Bruce,

I'm unable to open the attachment.  Is it a Word Document?
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 2:45:26 PM

I Just read this Month's article on the Zero Lag Indiator in Stocks and Commodities.  The Indicator is available in Stockfinder, but the Exponential Moving Average is not.  Please advise how to  formulate the EMA for this layout.
Thanks

Topic: Duplicate the Scan from the "Finding Winning Sectors.." webcast
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:06:57 PM
Thanks Bruce,

It is working, but I have more questions.
1.  The sort is giving me great charts but when click on the small bar under the symbol (on the left hand side), all of the bars say "50 bars since true".  

2.  I set up the layout with red and green candlesticks.  There are no candlesticks with the color of the sort condition.  How do I fix that?

John
Topic: Duplicate the Scan from the "Finding Winning Sectors.." webcast
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 3:11:04 PM

I have tried unsuccessfully several times to re-build the scan that is used in the "Finding Winning Sectors and Trading them" webcast.  Specifically

1.  After placing the 10 day and the 30 day moving average on the chart, how do you create the condition "10 day moving average moving up through the 30 day moving average"

2.  When I have built the second condition using the price history new low, and price history new high, I have not been able to figure out how to get the "span in time" box on the condition.

your help will be greatly appreciated.

John Murphy - (jmasoc)