Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jschott
About
User Name: jschott
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Location Philly area
Interests: Stocks, Active AAII member - Philadelphia Chapter & SIGS
Statistics
Number of Posts: 821
[0.28% of all post / 0.12 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Stock Finder reports malware in Stock Finder on my system
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 8:37:02 PM

y.atCurrently MalwarePro reports malware (sality.at) on my Stock Finder installation and wanted to erase Stock Finder.  I did and now have reinstalled Stock Finder and get the same warning (new install runs)  I have reported this to Malwarebytes.com and am awaiting their analysis.

Topic: fundamentall data provider on stock finder
Posted: Friday, April 27, 2018 8:32:17 PM

When downloading an installation, there are still two choices of what to download.  I was asking which of the two.  Your answer seems to inply that the morningstar download is automatic.

Therefore, are you saying my installation onto a new computer need not make a choice

I am only trying to use the data inside stock finder......

Topic: fundamentall data provider on stock finder
Posted: Saturday, April 7, 2018 12:23:18 PM

I noted that there are still two providers of fundamental data.  Which one is downloadable?

Topic: "saving a copy" message pops up sometimes on TC2007. How di I stop it
Posted: Thursday, November 3, 2016 8:56:01 PM

Sometimes while walking through my list of stocks, I see a popup message about the system saving a copy. (apparently or the chart).

What setting is casuing this - how can I stop it

Topic: Transferring Paint (and other settings) between installations of SF 4 and 5
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:25:29 PM

I use two PCs with both Windows 7 and 10  (one each home/portable use solely by me) and have both SF 4 and NOW SF 5 .  I have accumulated different Paint settings primarily on Price and Volume plots. 

Plus there are some cases where I have merely messed up a setting on one systme and would like to recomver from another setup elsewhere.

Is there a way to commonize/transfer Paint (and even other) settings between installations so that I end up with my prefderred settings on both systems and SF versions?  Note that moving settings from version 4.5 to 5 will be the most common use.

Also,  are there similar ways to commonsize osther setup settings?

Thanks

w

Topic: (C09/15/16) date formatting
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 2:45:02 PM

I note that the date specific alternate format (noted in title) allows  calls to specific calendar dates.  Besides the Close this format supports Open/High and Low for the date.

1.)  Is this formatting capable of use with other cases, such as Volume - and perhaps in conjuncdtion with even some other indicators (for example RSI)?

2.)  If the data specific format uses a weekend date, what happens?

Thanks

Topic: SF 5.1 & Windows 10
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 7:21:37 PM

It seems to be an OK address at my end.  Got to find out what/who is blocking those mails.

IN any case say a thanks to Gary in Tech Support for a wizzard job in putting my problems to rest!

Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:49:28 PM

Sorry to say that no emails have been received here since late 2015.  Could they have been sent to a different email address as I can find nothing indicating a blockage at my end.

Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 11:23:39 AM

I caan not install SF 5 as I get an error message saying I do not have enough free disk space and recommends adding a second disk to my laptop.

I have 379GB of free disk space.   How much disk space does SF neeed to install?

PS Repeated messages to support have gone unanswered.

Topic: red green candlesticks
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:50:51 PM

In 5.0 opening a new format, I get red/gteen lines in volumr but mono-green in the price candlesticks.

Using Rules I try to make the two colors with Moving Up/Down - but I never get what I want.

I ,ust be getting old, but it escapes me how to use the new olors section to get that setup - or perhaps an all together different way

What should I be doing for red/green candlesticks

'Thanks.