Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

IRM Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:23:27 PM

Forgot to post here, Mentioned it on freestockcharts on the 23rd. Just broke the 50DMA. might flag here a bit before moving up. strong BOP, TSV. 

pthegreat
Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 1:45:25 PM

IRM daily : meet up with  TDST-resistance.
sequential ell setup, and cpount down still going. TEMA histogram increasing. Let's see if it breaks this level for a run up to next resistance at 28.20

pthegreat
Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:04:05 PM

Starting to like it here again.  watch that overhead resistance at 25.35

mbryantatl
Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 11:44:21 AM
Hello Pthegreat,
   I have read Perl's book and follow Kevin Depew's Demark analysis at Minyanville.  Your charts are great and I was very interested in your chart which shows graphical counts for both TD Setup-9 and TD sequential countdown-13.   
  I was wondering if you could share this version of you chart on the Stockfinder shared chart list.  I've seen you have posted various charts but I did not see one which had the sequential countdown like your chart above from Dec 16th.
   Myself, I am just getting into using Realcode, but I think it offers great opportunities for getting the most out of Demark methodologies.   
   You may also be interested  in Demark Propulsion Up and Target and Down and Target, which cna be used as qualifiers for major trends and to measure when a trend may be ending.

Here's an update of today's Demark summary from Depew.  In the last few weeks, there has been a bunch of weekly sequential sell signals on most of the major stock indexes, which these signals should remain in effect for 12 weeks which should last through the 1st qtr and may indicate we are near a top in many indexes for at least a decent sized correction.

Some brief market notes: 

SP
futures yesterday recorded a DAILY TD Sequential 13 sell signal. The confirmation is a bearish price flip - a close below the close four price bars earlier. That will get much easier to accomplish on Tuesday next week when the comparison close moves from 1265.50 to 1283.40. 

The
S&P 500
cash index will possibly record a TD Sequential 13 sell signal today. 

Some TD Sequential 13 buy and sell scans: Buy: FAZ, LXK, NDN; Sell: AAPL, AMAT, BA, C, CVX, MOLX, NVDA, PFE, WFMI, WY
A quick note on
PFE : the stock on a WEEKLY basis had the chance to qualify a breakout of TDST Up this week, but failed to do so when the open was below the prior week's close.

Best Regards,
MBryant
pthegreat
Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 2:15:33 AM

Mbryant,
Thanks for your input. I have very little resources in comparing my DeMark implementations with other systems. so any feedback is appreciated!

I shared a chart with DeMark TD-sequential setup (9count), TD-sequential countdown(13 count), TDST-support and resistance lines, and TD-lines. and some conditions based on these indicators.
The SP500 indeed printed a TD-sequential countdown sell signal on Friday on a daily chart.

I'd like to know what exactly the parameters are for a "TDST Up".
Below the weekly chart for PFE.
Breakouts, breakdowns have a green/brown circle as "true marker" my condition is simple: if price closed above TDST resistance and price closed below resistance one bar ago. But maybe Depew has a different qualifier?

Note also that some implementations use the closing prices in the TD-sequential countdown indicator, while others use the high/low.  Mine uses high/lows.
Also my implementation is not quite complete. 
A countdown starts when a setup has finished. since the setup is an uninterupted sequence of 9 bars, and the countdown is a sequence of 13 bars, but can be interupted. therefore a 2nd setup could finish, triggering a 2nd countdown, while the 1st countdown is still 1n process. Perl descibes a way to determine whic setup will be the active setup, by comparing the true range. the setup with the largest range will be the active.  as described on page 21/22. I haven't been able to implement this. so there are cases where the countdown is not the correct one.

If you have access to any charts with Demark indicators, or have any other comments, or suggestions, please post it in the "DeMark thread"

dayrangers
Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:52:35 PM
Just learned about DeMark today through the recent bloomberg articlehttp://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-18/stocks-in-u-s-are-within-a-week-of-significant-market-top-demark-says.htmlpthegreat, are you charts in SF 4 or SF5? Seems like SF5 can't share items yet. I am really interested in trying them out and contributing. Just picked up a copy of the DeMark Indicators book.
dayrangers
Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:53:54 PM
REPOST (Last post was not formatted correctly)

Just learned about DeMark today through the recent bloomberg article

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-18/stocks-in-u-s-are-within-a-week-of-significant-market-top-demark-says.html

pthegreat, are you charts in SF 4 or SF5? Seems like SF5 can't share items yet. I am really interested in trying them out and contributing. Just picked up a copy of the DeMark Indicators book.
pthegreat
Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:24:35 AM

I'm using SF5.1 , the new beta version. But I'd imagine you should be able to load my charts in SF5.

menu - share - browse other users shared items.
make sure you're on the "charts" tab  ;

thanks for the DeMark news link. :-)

dayrangers
Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:29:35 PM
My pleasure. Thank you for the instructions. I loaded your lastest layout (v1/17/2011) and was playing with it till pass midnight, amazing insight the TD indicators have. I found the following informative article about these indicators:

http://www.kimhusebye.com/images/DeMark_Indicators_19_May_10.pdf

Basically its noted the following procedures are part of the TD Sequential:
1. TD Price Flip
2. TD Setup
3. TD Countdown

I was reviewing your layout, where is the SF condition of the TD Price Flip (Closing Price lower than the close four days earlier, immediatly followed by a closing price that is higher than close four days earlier)? I want to highlight that condition on the layout as well. Greatly apperciate the help.
dayrangers
Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 10:52:21 AM
Actually I found it within the TD-Sequential Real Code

bearflipstatus
bullflipstatus

I will play around with this.

Thanks
pthegreat
Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:26:39 PM

IRM:
breakout of the wedge yesterday, and follow through today.
next hurdle : TDST-resistance.

if it breaks these levels next target would be $28.50
Not trading it at this point, maybe I shoud, we'll see.

pthegreat
Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 3:29:49 PM

Broke resistance today
pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:29:36 PM

Daily and weekly TDST-resistance: 28.49
Weekly TD-propulsion "B" target : 27.17
pthegreat
Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2011 10:03:43 PM

Reaching its 2009 highs
pthegreat
Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:51:05 PM

blew past it, 
1st 2008 Resistance at 34.18
pthegreat
Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:26:38 PM

52week high. had a great run, gonna leave it alone from here. management turmoil news. could be good, could be bad, what do I know. have been seeing some more sell signals pop up lateley.  see ya.
pthegreat
Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:04:05 PM

if you see sell signals, short the darn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
little mental reminder.
shoulda,coulda...  10% down from my long exit..
tllucero
Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:34:45 PM
Neutral on IRM at this point - wouldn't think of being long here, but a good short entry was last week. I know the feeling.

I've worked out a cheesy way to flag my future longs and shorts, and up 6% since started using the method - 5 trading days ago.