Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How to exclude a watchlist from scans? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
qyang
Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:02:10 PM
Hi, I maintain a manual watchlist of stocks with recent merger and acquisition activities. When I run scans, I want to exclude this watchlist from certain scans. Would you please tell me how to build the EasyScans or use PCFs to implement this? Thanks a lot!
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:31:09 PM

Worden Trainer

Welcome to the forums. A very good foundation for learning how to use TeleChart can be gained by reviewing the following:

If you are new to TeleChart READ THIS FIRST!

You would need to create a Personal WatchList to use as the WatchList to Scan and manually remove the symbols you wish to exclude from the Personal WatchList.

The easiest way to create the Personal WatchList would probably be to choose the WatchList that you would otherwise use if you weren't removing symbols as the Active WatchList and select WatchList | Copy to Other List | All Symbols.

Once it is created, the easiest way to remove the symbols in your other list would probably be to set up the WatchList of symbols you wish to remove as a Sub List while setting the Active WatchList to the Personal WatchList that we created by copying symbols into it earlier. If you Flag all of the Symbols that remain, you can then select WatchList | Remove Symbols | Flagged to get rid of the symbols that are in both WatchLists.

How to create your own Personal WatchList
Managing Personal WatchLists
Techniques for using the Sublist feature
How to use the Flagging feature

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles