Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: qyang
About
User Name: qyang
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: V18 TO V17
Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 3:37:20 PM

Thanks a lot for suggesting "Combo List". It not only shows its name on tabs, but it can scan on multiple lists, which address this feature suggestion:

http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=65270

I also wish it could have a better name. An import/export/migrate from EasyScans to Combo lists would be great as well. Otherwise I will have to re-create all of them.

By the way, the scan checkbox, what does it do? When it's checked, it seems that I can add extra conditions to the Combot list? or anything else?

Is there a documentation/tutorial for Combo list? 

Topic: V18 TO V17
Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:15:04 PM

QUOTE (MichaelR)

Diceman,

I commented on this as well.  The problem I have with listing the watchlist used rather than the easy scan name is that if you use US Common Stocks as the basis for your scans (which many of mine do) then every scan you pull up will say that with no indication of which scan the results came from.  It makes it impossibe to have a layout with multiple scans and be able to know which scans gave which results.

I wish they would/could reimplement the sublisting capability that Telechart had.

Mike

I have exactly the same complaint against this change. Is this a permanent design change? I hope not. Because it doesn't make much sense. Users want to see the EasyScan names/titles on the tabs, not the lists they scan from. Yes, you can show the list or change the list after you click on the tab and focus on one EasyScan, but for EasyScans on other tabs, we need the names/titles to distinguish them. Please see the attached images showing current version 17.06.6435.29524 (top) and beta 18.0.6597.23579 (bottom).

So where the pink arrow points is fine, showing the scan list. Where the orange arrows point, the current version is good and makes sense showing the names/titles, but the beta shows the lists and they are all the same, which is not fine.

Thanks, if necessary let me if I should start a new post on this topic.

Topic: Scanning multiple lists or Creating watchlist of multiple components
Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 12:08:08 PM

Thanks a lot, Bruce. It would be great if EasyScans allow selecting multiple lists/components to scan from.

Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 10:22:51 AM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the suggestion. I though of the same way, but bying doing this, I have to manually maintain the watchlists myself. Say, I create one watchlist of U.S. Common Stocks and ADRs, and another watchlist of U.S. Common Stocks, ADRs and ETFs. All those components change all the time, some even everyday or at least every week. I have to re-create the watchlists to reflect the changes. 

I wish I don't have to do this if there are ways to pick the system components, not copying one by one. Then whever there is change, TC2000 would maintain the components automatically.

Thank you.

Posted: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:54:48 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to create an EasyScan with multiple lists to scan from? I'd like to scan from U.S. common stocks and ADRs.

If this is not possible, I would like to create a personal watchlist consisted of U.S. common stocks plus ADRs, and maybe even plus ETFs. I didn't see a way from the documentation.

The TC2000 v7 had a bult-in watchlist "All Items In System", which is very useful. Is there a similar one in TC2000 v16?

Thanks a lot!

Topic: Do AVG fuctions include today's values?
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 11:18:39 AM
Thank you guys very much!

So if I update/download today before market opens, say around 9am, C is still the close from yesterday, right?

Again, thanks a lot!
Topic: Do AVG fuctions include today's values?
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 11:02:19 AM
Does AVGC20 include C? or AVGV20 include V? that is:
is AVGV20 =
(V+V1+V2+...+V19)/20 or
(V1+V2+V3+...+V20)/20?

So if AVGV20 is the first formula, AVGV20.1 is the second. Or if AVGV20 is the second one, AVGV20.1 is
(V2+V3+V4+...+V21)/20, right?

Also, when does Telechart reset the date? i.e. C becomes C1, at midnight EST? or when market opens at 9:30am EST or some other time?

Thanks a lot!
Topic: How to exclude a watchlist from scans?
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:02:10 PM
Hi, I maintain a manual watchlist of stocks with recent merger and acquisition activities. When I run scans, I want to exclude this watchlist from certain scans. Would you please tell me how to build the EasyScans or use PCFs to implement this? Thanks a lot!