Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How to stop refiltering Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
nimal
Posted : Sunday, March 28, 2010 5:59:17 PM
I have a watchlist created. I want to fine tune it using a different rule. So I load my watchlist and filter it using the other rule. My problem is this. Whenever I do any of the following the newly filtered list goes back to its original state. For example if my watchlist has 100 stocks and after filtering using the new rule it goes down to 30. So while viewing the 30 stocks if do any of  the following the new list of 30 goes become 100 again. So if I want to get the 30 stocks I have to scan the 100 all over again.
1. Changing the time frame while watching the filtered 30.
2. Removing a stock from the filtered 30.
3. Unticking the filter in the new 30. ( I thought this would not refilter)

So how can I keep the filtered 30 while doing any of the above.
Thanks
Nimal
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 29, 2010 9:35:19 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not know of a way to force the WatchList to not re-filter. One option might be to copy the contents of the filtered Watchlist to a Personal WatchList.

WatchList Basics

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
marvel
Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2010 7:16:55 PM

I faced a similar situation and developed the following workaround:

(A) Build scanning charts: --  Build one (or a few) chart(s) in order to scan on a desired timeframe. (For example, I might want to scan based on ADX, or MACD, etc., on a weekly basis.)

(B) Clone the above charts not for scanning but for viewing the scanned results from A in another timeframe, or to see other indicators impacting the scanned results from A.

(C) Build other charts -- not for scanning but for viewing the scanned results from A.

(During trading hours, I try to minimize stockfinder's scanning because it freezes sometimes. Not yet sure the cause; my goal is to create more effective scans.  I found Elder's book re the  Triple Screen very helpful.) 

Hope this might help.  Marvel