Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: marvel
About
User Name: marvel
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How to stop refiltering
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 7:16:55 PM

I faced a similar situation and developed the following workaround:

(A) Build scanning charts: --  Build one (or a few) chart(s) in order to scan on a desired timeframe. (For example, I might want to scan based on ADX, or MACD, etc., on a weekly basis.)

(B) Clone the above charts not for scanning but for viewing the scanned results from A in another timeframe, or to see other indicators impacting the scanned results from A.

(C) Build other charts -- not for scanning but for viewing the scanned results from A.

(During trading hours, I try to minimize stockfinder's scanning because it freezes sometimes. Not yet sure the cause; my goal is to create more effective scans.  I found Elder's book re the  Triple Screen very helpful.) 

Hope this might help.  Marvel

Topic: chart "save-as" or "copy"
Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 1:02:28 PM
QUOTE (jas0501)
You need to load the saved chart to get the second copy.

1. create chart
2. save it - Name whatever
3. load  chart whatever  and create a new copy- creating whatever.2

Hi jas0501, Bruce, and StockGuy.

I tried jas0501's steps again -- and the result is what I am looking for (in a different way, but the same result).  So, forget the enhancement.  Thanks to you all. Marvel.
Posted: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:23:38 PM
QUOTE (jas0501)
You need to load the saved chart to get the second copy.

1. create chart
2. save it - Name whatever
3. load  chart whatever  and create a new copy- creating whatever.2

Hello, StockGuy, Bruce, and jas0501.  

Thank you all for helping!!  I contacted Tech Supp and here is their response:

"Thank you for writing in. You can’t really create a clone per say. Once you have created a chart you can then click on the disk icon on the chart to save it and give it a name. From there, click on the new tab option and you can load the chart again. If you want to save it you would need to save it under another name. You can also click on file and then open chart and load it from there as well but resaving it in any capacity will require a different name. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us back.
Thank you, Technical Support Agent" 

Note to StockGuy and Bruce:  How do I request this "chart cloning" function as a future enhancement?

thanks. Marvel

Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:04:50 PM
Hi Bruce and StockGuy.  I tried that Save Button (again) just now and it only renames the chart -- does not make a cloned-chart in addition to the original chart.  (For example, I started with 6 charts.  Used the "save-as" button. Got the chart renamed and still have 6 charts.)  Should I talk with Tech Support -- maybe my copy of StockFinder has a problem?  Thanks for looking into this.  Marvel.
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:52:24 PM
Hi Stockguy.  Thank you -- but I think I did not explain correctly.  I am looking to CLONE a chart by using "save-as" or "copy".   The button referenced above is a "rename" function that does not produce a clone of the original chart. (Under "FILE",  "save Layout as" will clone the active layout.)  Often when tweaking a chart, it is nice to quickly create clones (for comparison, etc.) without having to build the exact same chart over (and over) again (except for tweaking critical differences).

I hope my explanation is clear now.  Anyway, I have not been able to clone a chart that I am building within the same layout.  Thanks for your help.  Marvel
Posted: Saturday, March 27, 2010 12:09:18 PM
Bruce,   Could we have a "save-as" function for the chart-tabs (layout already can "save-as") within Stockfinder 4 or 5 (to be released)?  Or a "copy/create" function for the chart tabs.  Currently, it is necessary to create each chart-tab from scratch.  Thanks.
Topic: EasyScan Design for Breakouts and Bouncers
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 12:41:22 AM
Additional note to wst1571 and lynnyuan9:  I am running Vista (with both 64 and 32 bit, using 32 bit due to compatibility issues).  I switched from Platinum to Gold then to Platinum again -- I don't think the Vista and Gold are the problem...  I think the update button may be the problem, at least in my case.
Topic: EasyScan Design for Breakouts and Bouncers
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 12:36:24 AM
QUOTE (wst1571)
i copied the pcf Close today vs MA40, (c-avgH40)/(avgH65-avgL65),  exactly, but keeps getting a syntax error, and would not update. 

Would somebody please show me why that is so, and how should it be done on telechart Gold, in vista 64 bit op sys, just in case this info would make a difference.

Thanks

Hi. I'm a new user also.  I also had trouble.  The PCFs did not update even after setting both selections in the update button, as Chris suggested.  When tested, the PCF returned a wierd message -- something about needing market days (66, which is one day greater than 65).  I tried several things before trying the manual update button which Chris used in the video.  Doing so updated my PCFs and then the PCFs and EZscan all seem to run perfectly now.  Hope this may help you.