Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Building Screens - Accessing All Fields/Variables on 10 Tabs Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
jdh
Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:06:18 AM
Only about 15 fields seem to be available to build PCFs and screens.

There are a bunch of other fields (of information) available to build the columns displayed on the 10 tabbed views of stock information.

How do I get access to those additional fields to build complex screens?
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:13:58 AM

Worden Trainer

Welcome to the forums. A very good foundation for learning how to use TeleChart can be gained by reviewing the following:

If you are new to TeleChart READ THIS FIRST!

TeleChart's Personal Criteria Formula Language does not have syntax for referencing other symbols, past values or fundamentals (so you can't use them in PCFs). The PCF Formula Descriptions topic has a fairly comprehensive list of the valid syntax for creating PCFs (what you can use in PCFs - you can't use anything else).

How to create a Personal Criteria Forumula (PCF)
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

You can use the built in Fundamental System Criteria as EasyScan Conditions and Sorts however (so you can use them to create complex screens as long as the method used as an EasyScan).

Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria
Create your own stock rankings using WatchLists and Sort conditions
Definitions of all built in scanning and sorting criteria

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
jdh
Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:09:25 AM
You didn't answer my specific question.

Try again.
StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:13:58 AM

Administration

"How do I get access to those additional fields to build complex screens?"

Everything available in the Sort pulldown under the watchlist can be added to an EasyScan. There are some fields in the list column that cannot be added to a scan.
jdh
Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:53:05 AM

You are not understanding my question above.

I am trying to build PCFs WHICH I WILL USE to do custom screens.  I want access to the fields available in an Easy Scan TO BE ABLE TO PERFORM BOTH MATH AND LOGICAL OPERATIONS on those fields in combination with the price/volume fields now available to build PCFs.

My use of the word screen is misdirecting you to think in East Scan terms.  Easy Scans DO NOT allow me to use math and logical operators to combine fields.  I believe, Easy Scans ONLY allow the implied logical operator of AND to be used to combine multiple fields to be used in a scan.  For example, if I wanted to do a scan to find companies which have "free public toilets" OR "free parking" I COULD NOT DO THAT in Easy Scan.  I do not have access to the logical operator OR to combine different fields (variables) I am using to scan and select by.  PCFs do have those functional operators BUT DON'T have access to all the fields (mostly fundamental data) that one can access when creating an Easy Scan.

Am I making myself clear now?

StockGuy
Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:55:19 AM

Administration

You cannot access those fields within a PCF.