Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jdh
About
User Name: jdh
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: tsv
Posted: Friday, August 6, 2010 5:24:46 PM
Per the help, tsv meaures the "amount of money flowing into (out of) a stock" using price and volume.  Obviously, total dollars invested in a stock is determined by the price times volume.

What is the indicator to determine money flow direction?  Do we simply ASSUME that IF the close is higher than the open, THEN money is flowing in (and vica versa for flowing out)?
Topic: coding pcf
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:58:53 PM
what does avgc3.1 mean?
Topic: Building Screens - Accessing All Fields/Variables on 10 Tabs
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:53:05 AM

You are not understanding my question above.

I am trying to build PCFs WHICH I WILL USE to do custom screens.  I want access to the fields available in an Easy Scan TO BE ABLE TO PERFORM BOTH MATH AND LOGICAL OPERATIONS on those fields in combination with the price/volume fields now available to build PCFs.

My use of the word screen is misdirecting you to think in East Scan terms.  Easy Scans DO NOT allow me to use math and logical operators to combine fields.  I believe, Easy Scans ONLY allow the implied logical operator of AND to be used to combine multiple fields to be used in a scan.  For example, if I wanted to do a scan to find companies which have "free public toilets" OR "free parking" I COULD NOT DO THAT in Easy Scan.  I do not have access to the logical operator OR to combine different fields (variables) I am using to scan and select by.  PCFs do have those functional operators BUT DON'T have access to all the fields (mostly fundamental data) that one can access when creating an Easy Scan.

Am I making myself clear now?

Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:10:06 AM
You didn't answer my specific question.

Try again.
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 11:09:25 AM
You didn't answer my specific question.

Try again.
Topic: price volatility system criteria calculation
Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:32:03 AM
How is the price volatility system criteria calculated?  For example, is the weekly CHANGE measured by calculating the percent difference between the open and close for the week.  Therefore, calculating the 13 week AVERAGE would involve first calculating each weekly CLOSE divided by OPEN minus 1 if the close is greater than open and OPEN divided by CLOSE minus 1 if the open is greater than the close.  Is that correct?

Alternatively, one might want to use the HIGH divided by LOW minus 1 for the week while ignoring the OPEN and CLOSE.

Also, I am only getting a positive number.  Is price volatility an absolute value only or is it signed?

I understand from the glossary definition that the average 13 week CHANGE is multiplied by 10.  Does that mean that the final value of volatility would be 100 if there is a 10% CHANGE?  Or would the final value be 1 because we would be multiplying 10% (which is .1) by 10?  I am assuming from the values I am seeing that a 10% change would have a price volatility value of 100.  Am I correct?

Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:06:18 AM
Only about 15 fields seem to be available to build PCFs and screens.

There are a bunch of other fields (of information) available to build the columns displayed on the 10 tabbed views of stock information.

How do I get access to those additional fields to build complex screens?