Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

setting for the BackScan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
pipeacosta
Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 11:06:15 PM
1. Can I exit a position in two possible steps. Example: a. Exit 50% of position if Profit Target is hit and b. Exit the other 50 % if Trailing stop is hit. 2. I want to close my position exactly at the moment when the profit target is hit, not at the close or open, can I do this in Back Scan?
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:32:27 AM

Worden Trainer

It is not possible to do so using the current version of BackScanner as it has no money management features. The Equity Line represents a 100% investment of all of your resources divided evenly amongst all of your positions.

Trades are always executed at the Open, High, Low, Close or Middle of the Bar specified when the Trade is triggered. There is no way to set any other value to use when executing the Trade.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
strategy123
Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 9:00:40 AM
Do you know if there are plans to extend the capabilities of the backscanner (money management, portfolio managment etc) ?   thx

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, July 27, 2009 8:22:26 AM

Worden Trainer

strategy123,
I do not know. We do not normally discuss or comment on future features, services or products until they are actually released or officially announced.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles