Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

New Computer Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bolumenb
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 12:24:56 PM

What do I need to install TC2000 in new computer as I just bought a laptop?. I have TC2000 in desktop.

Craig_S
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2009 12:39:35 PM

Worden Trainer

I will have tech support email you instructions.  You should see them in your inbox before the end of the day.

- Craig
Here to Help!
siesil
Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 5:10:41 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I have the same problem like bolumenb.
I have a new notebook to use it when travelling. I would like to transfer my Easy Scans and Personal Criteria Formulas.
Thank you for helping
Siegfried
Tal_E
Posted : Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:16:16 PM

Worden Trainer

siesil,

Check the email you have on file with us.  I have sent you instruction for the Backup/Restore feature.  Use the Backup to save your current settings. Install TeleChart on the new machine.  Use the Restore instructions to restore your settings on the new computer.

Thanks for your post!

Tal_E
craigie30
Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:00:56 AM
yes i am currently looking into purchasing a new laptop...i wanted to buy a apple laptop but i believe you cannot use stockfinder unless you do some sort of parallal setup for windows on your mac? how different is tc2000 to stockfinder? am i better off just using tc2000 (i have used stockfinder.... before feel more comfortable with it) need some sort of direction on this thanks
Craig
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:13:15 AM

Worden Trainer

The TC2000.com version 11 beta can run on a Mac without virtualization or emulation software. The current production release of TeleChart and StockFinder require Windows virtualization or emulation software to be able to run a Mac.

While the TC2000.com version 11 beta includes many of StockFinder's Indicators and is to a great extent derived from StockFinder, I see them as very different products. For example, the TC2000.com version 11 beta uses the Personal Criteria Formula Language while StockFinder uses RealCode.

The PCF Language is just that, a formula language. You can use it to create formulas which are entirely contained in a single logical line. While it is possible to do some pretty amazing things considering this limitation, it is not a scripting or programming language like RealCode (which is built around Visual Basic). The PCF Language doesn't have things like variables and looping structures.

The TC2000.com version 11 beta is currently limited to 500 Bars of data, while StockFinder can access 5000 Bars of data (or more if you use Length Limit to bypass this limitation).

I guess it really depends on what you want. If you want easy to use software with a bunch of built in Indicators, the TC2000.com version 11 beta will probably work for you. If you want an actual programming language, you would need to stick to StockFinder.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
craigie30
Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:29:03 AM
thanks Bruce!
very helpful indeed...ur leaning towards stockfinder huh?..lol
well if i go with stockfinder as i like the idea  of been able to write code with this product..I just feel more comfortable as i know a little about how it works...thanks for the advice! 

i was looking at your website it does not give you gold membership option?only platinum...$89.99 a month do you have gold memebership still and how much is it?
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 10:31:37 AM

Worden Trainer

TeleChart vs TC2000.com vs StockFinder really depends on your particular needs. It is no longer possible to get a new Gold level data subscription to StockFinder.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles