Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

All opinions are welcome Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bcraig73450
Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 7:05:22 AM

Does anyone have an opinion about any of these? They fell out of a sort last night.

RAE
MGI
CLZR
QLTY
GFG
NOBL
FBCM
MRT

mammon
Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 1:47:39 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Bcraig73450:  Since you asked, I will give you my FWIW opinion. (Or as some would say,..The "Grain of Salt List..)

Its just as easy to give the negatives as the positives of what seems to be an excellent spread of bottom-feeding stocks.

I would think that CLZR and GFG are both a day or so early.  They both appear to be good choices but I like GFG better, it just has a more orderly appearance. OBV is NOT following CLZR up as it does GFG.

NOBL needs to recover a bit from that ugly smack it got Friday.  Would bear watching a bit before committing your wifes beer money...

FBCM:  I don't care much for the wide, wild and loose chart it has made for the past month or so.  It is going up, but awfully ragged looking..

All in all, a good list....

Mammon

tobydad
Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 3:30:56 PM

RAE Very nice; be careful about entry; a bit top heavy over the ubb20, might pull back a few days. Should be good for some profit very soon.

MGI  A mini-dragon breakout except low on volume

CLZR  Dragon with a deviated septum; breakout on 8/6; a buy over Friday's high

QLTY  Wow; I'd wait and see what it does after that gap up. Don't get caught in there. But nice for the near future

GFG  Pretty nice W pattern; looks like room to run

NOBL  Wait for the pullback and then you're good

FBCM  Beautiful, coming out of the chute!

MRT  Bought 8/1, still in.

Nice picks.

Booker
Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 3:33:17 PM
To tell the truth. I do not like any of these. They all need a test and failure of the lows before I would consider them. But that's just my opinion. I would rather buy stocks that are going up in price.
bcraig73450
Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 5:03:59 PM

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. Always appreciated.

If you only had room to add two stocks ro your portfolio, which two would you choose and why?

tobydad
Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 5:06:55 PM

GFG MRT
bcraig73450
Posted : Saturday, August 9, 2008 11:56:59 PM
Thanks Tobydad.  Geat minds run in the same tracks.  
Golfman25
Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:45:30 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Ok, since you asked.

RAE -- pass. 
MGI -- look to buy on pullback to $1.55-$1.60.  Stop on close below $1.40.
CLZR -- Buy on pullback to $2.50 level or 20 day sma.  Stop on close below $2.30.  
QLTY -- no good place to enter at this time.
GFG -- If it wasn't a $4.00 stock, I would short the failure of the 50 day sma.  Hourly shows a nice bearish engulfing at the end of the day Friday.
NOBL -- no good place to enter.
FBCM -- I would want to see it clear the 200 day sma first.
MRT -- buy on pullback to $7.20 area.  Stop on close below $7.00. 

As booker says, might be better to look at stocks in clear uptrends.  But these could be some bottoms.  Invest at your own risk -- not based on my adivce.  Good luck.   
bcraig73450
Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2008 12:18:47 PM
Golfman

Thanks for your input.  As you say I invest at my risk, but is somewhat comforting to see other opinions which are similar to my own.

I don't take the information I get from here as invetment advice.

I have had good luck bottom fishing .
Booker
Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2008 1:51:44 PM
bcraig, if you have had good luck bottom fishing, then by all means continue what you are doing. We all have different ways to trade. It certainly is nice to see lots of different opinions given without all the arguements. I hope it stays this way. Consider the opinions (a lot can be learned from opinions) and trade the way you like.
tobydad
Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2008 2:12:39 PM

Booker,

Man, oh man, Amen!
tobydad
Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2008 2:15:46 PM

A note just for clarification on my earlier notes. There have been too many times that I spent a lot of time writing opinions only to wonder if anyone had really asked for so much info. 

So now I just give quick opinions, then if someone wants to discuss more, they can ask/respond or what have you. So by saying I liked some of these stocks, I mean that they could with small adjustments fit my style which is 2 weeks - 2 month trades averaging about 7% profit per month (taking into account stop outs).  

I am mostly saying this not to backpeddle on my comments but just to avoid someone jumping in merely on someone's comments.

bcraig73450
Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:24:12 PM

Opinions are just that, opinions and we are entitled to have them. Mine are mine and yours are yours and, under certain circumstances, both may be correct even though they may be diametrically opposite. The difference lies in what we seek to accomplish and how we intend to do it.

I have been, correctly, called a bottom fisher for “lower quality” stocks while others prefer the those with higher prices, less volatility, and “better quality“.

If we both make money, who is to say that either of us is wrong?

I have been known to examine someone else’s opinion and change mine based on that examination.

My point is that this is a forum wherein we can freely exchange information and opinions. 

Hopefully it will not become contaminated whih attacks on opinions as some have done in other threads in the past.

tobydad
Posted : Monday, August 11, 2008 12:09:51 AM

Good call.