Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

HCP Opinions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
ljoncape
Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 9:23:59 AM
Purchased this on 8/17/07 after screening for tsv divergent industry groups. This one belongs to the healthcare REITS group. Opinions going forward?
hohandy
Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2007 5:09:57 PM
Nice pick - that's what I call picking it at the bottom. As far as going forward - it looks like there is a resistance in the 31 range which it's hit twice now - this week and early July. There is a slight negative MACD-H divergence in the last resistance - the minor high of 9/4 is higher than the minor high of 8/24, but the 8/24 MACD-H(12,26,9) is higher than the 9/4, although the MACD itself is much higher.

I do like the fact that the price is moving right along up a linear regression 30 from the original 7/27 bottom. Behaving really nicely it is.

Going forward, I would find a suitable stoploss (no obvious one comes readily to my mind) that suits your style and goals, and see if it can attack that 31 resistance line again.
ljoncape
Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 8:30:05 AM
Thanks for the input!
Apsll
Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 9:20:26 AM

This is all my opinion. I scrolled back to the 8/17 and I would have said back then that a good buy would be when price breaks free from the resistance level that it is currently resting or consolidating at. So you gambled (IMO) and won. You are now in profit right at that resistance level that will become support for you if brice breaks up. I would put my hidden stop right below this consolidation level at around $29.50

Going foward - I like the double bottom and that the 50 day sma is curving up to meet the 200 day sma, TSV is above zero. I would just put in my hidden stop and relax knowing that this trade will end in profit either way..
tllucero
Posted : Monday, September 10, 2007 10:38:35 AM
If I liked the fundamentals, I'd cash out here (range 29.7-30-5) and buy in again under 27.5> please remember that my average holding tends to be less than one week.