Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

A few basic blocks questions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mlsignups
Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2007 4:00:23 PM
I love the potential w/ blocks but am having a tough time figuring out how to do things I think should be simple to do in any basic charting package.

1. Any way to draw trendlines? I saw some earlier posts that say not but hoped that had been added sine then.

2. How would I add, say, closing price to the watchlist display? Or volume?

3. One nice feature that I've been interested in Telechart for is Balance of Power Indicator. Is this available in blocks? If not, is it planned?

Thanks

Mike
Kuf
Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 12:08:18 AM

Administration

1. Trendlines are not available on the chart yet.
2. You can add columns by right clicking in the column header to the right of an existing column and select Load Column
3. Bop is not available in Blocks

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
Chief Software Engineer - Worden Brothers Inc.
Try/Catch - My RealCode Blog
rAmJET
Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2007 3:55:27 PM
Some people are complaining I only want Blocks and not Platinum Telechart and vice versa; however, this is a good reason (see above) to hang on to BOTH right now until BLOCKS can potentially incorporate everything that Telechart has within BLOCKs like the Worden Rpt..just another feed and if done correctly could search and sort on that things we'd like to grab out the Don Worden rpt feed--reach for the slice we need at any given moment in time on any subject that a knight has talked about (sent in) or Don Worden has suggested with his analysis on the market; also, if can eventually do trend lines in BLOCKs 'on the fly' then why not be able to display in watchlists (once BLocks get Watchlists independent to itself) things like closing prices as this customer was asking for?

We know modular prgmr'g is MUCH MORE versatile. It can do anything with the right prgrm'g better, faster, and utilize all the hardware power of a machine much better than script program'g like in TC 2007. Isn't that right, Kuf? You would know better than I on this, you and Chris Worden. Yet what has been developed in BLOCKS (aka SnapSheets from last Su ? is amazing progress in a very short time).

We have tabbing in Telechart 2007 there should be no reason can't do that (eventually) with BLOCKs. Set up market carpets and things like are able to do now in TC 2007 also in Blocks.

We have multi-channel chat..just another data stream should be able to do that someday in BLOCKs and actually slice and dice it like any other data; for instance, what just received hrs ago re: the Mega Min Pack.
For example, if I want to see all the people who have something to say about ADX I can have that data easily captured and sequestered rather than have a feed run endlessly, with chat, and have to go back and walk a 100 miles of scrolling to locate something I am not even sure exists on what may or may not have been previously said.

Think about this forum I don't see why each of our threads couldn't be captured and concantenated into a building data stream where we could search and sort on the fly and even within our charts things we want to see right away from this resource (if the feed were slice and diceable)?

If we can do that with multi channel chat certainly with the clubs..we have the LOGs ,there on tap/club, and that way we could specify conditions to search, sort, and locate information on the multi channel chat stream and capture it as are doing with r.t. data, right now, even more selectively than RSS generall direct back out to us right now.

I think there is wisdom to run in tandem, right now, TC 2007 and BLocks, to cover both areas items that are mutually exclusive to the other venue and I am glad you, at Worden, weren't hesitant to roll out Blocks, early ,so we could travel along with you through this process of perpetual development. That, I am very grateful for with all my heart!

Maybe this thread of the discussion would be better situated in 'suggestions for product development.' You have my permission to move it over there if you think that is best.

With news I'd like to eventually have certain news feeds I like to look at over others; for example Dow Jones is slow,late to the punch, and Reuters not too much better; however, PR Newswire and Business wire are more HOT off the press from the companies themselves so its not so much a history book. I'd like to take those feeds and scan for key words I am looking for like 'joint agreement' 'new development' 'record earnings' things like that which act like a bird dog to have me go and look at stocks I think have some interesting activity coming up on them for the day as I scan the news BEFORE mrkt.

I haven't even mentioned option data feeds and how I could display that in unique ways as also with news strategies things no one has even discussed in here and are unique to my experience and insight; yet, it takes feeds I can 'slice and dice' to do what I've envisioned and shared with Craig_S before on occasion some things I am anxious to try and do things not possible before.

I have many other ideas beyond these. I been an Active Trader subscriber since their premier issue , I have a plethora of ideas I am trying, everyday, to use what we have now to test them out which I finally can with this great invention (Blocks) which I could make work tomorrow in many other ways if I had some of the feeds I am suggesting; yet, I understand in 'good time' coming to a Block's dispenser near us.

I could go out and buy them all from different venues, these feeds, yet I wouldn't have Blocks capability which allows me the versatility to project the feeds the way I want to be alerted to things as they occur 'real time' in the market.

Thanx for the insight, Kuf, re: add'g columns always learn something new from you each day. Stay healthy! Thank you for co-founding the BLocks LLC corp. with this 'fun' and 'thrilling' oppty we have to do things NEW like never before possible. Thank you for making these things available to us.

RJ