Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

PCF question Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mucci
Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2007 2:21:18 PM
Sometime back I saw a PCF in a worden report.

I want to create a PCF to put into an easy scan. I'm not sure if there needs to be some sort of syntax between each function.
Examples:
C<AVGC50 V>=1.5*AVGV50 AVGV50>=5000 Do I need add anything between these or modify them when written into a PCF??

The above example is referenced in the Jan 16 worden report.

Another example with a Worden report reference of June 3, 05. Exactly what should these functions look like when written into a PCF?

"" First, I want the stock to be up for the day (Price Percent Change today, 0.01 to Max), the stock to be trading above the 50 dma (C > AVGC50), the 50 dma to be above the 200 dma (AVGC50 > AVGC200).

Second, I want the volume to be at least 1.5x the 50 dva (V >= 1.5 * AVGV50). On one scan I have stocks that have to avg. 100k shares a day for the past 50 days (AVGV50 >= 1000).

On a separate one I have one that trades avg. 50k to 100k (AVGV50 >= 500 and AVGV50 <= 1000). ""

Appreciate any advice you might provide.
m
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2007 8:09:22 AM

Worden Trainer

QUOTE (mucci)
I want to create a PCF to put into an easy scan. I'm not sure if there needs to be some sort of syntax between each function.
Examples:
C<AVGC50 V>=1.5*AVGV50 AVGV50>=5000 Do I need add anything between these or modify them when written into a PCF??

If you want to use them as a single Personal Criteria Formula, you could put ANDs between the individual terms:

C < AVGC50 AND V >= 1.5 * AVGV50 AND AVGV50 >= 5000

That said, each of these formulas could be kept separate and mixed and matched as desired as EasyScan Conditions.

QUOTE (mucci)
First, I want the stock to be up for the day (Price Percent Change today, 0.01 to Max)

This is not being done as a Personal Criteria Formula. It is using one of the built in System Criteria as an EasyScan Condition by adjusting the Rangefinder to obtain symbols matching the desired values. It could be created as a Boolean PCF:

C > C1

QUOTE (mucci)
the stock to be trading above the 50 dma

C > AVGC50

QUOTE (mucci)
the 50 dma to be above the 200 dma

AVGC50 > AVGC200

QUOTE (mucci)
Second, I want the volume to be at least 1.5x the 50 dva

V >= 1.5 * AVGV50

QUOTE (mucci)
On one scan I have stocks that have to avg. 100k shares a day for the past 50 days

AVGV50 >= 1000

QUOTE (mucci)
On a separate one I have one that trades avg. 50k to 100k

AVGV50 >= 500 AND AVGV50 <= 1000

You might note the correct PCF was actually provided in each of these cases. You may wish to review the following:

How to create a Personal Criteria Forumula (PCF)
Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria
Definitions of all built in scanning and sorting criteria
Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs!

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles