Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mucci
About
User Name: mucci
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: PCF's, easy scans
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:57:45 PM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
The Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs! topic is about as close as is available in the forums.

Bruce, thanks
Any place outside the forums you may know of or have heard of?? 

Anyone else?? 
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:56:26 PM
QUOTE (Bruce_L)
The Handy PCF example formulas to help you learn the syntax of PCFs! topic is about as close as is available in the forums.

Bruce, thanks
Any place outside the forums you may know of or have heard of?? 

Anyone else?? 
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 12:29:38 PM
I've been looking around here and there is a great deal of information which is great but sort overwhelming.  Some years ago there was a site, I think the name was "tradeon", which had a number of scans and pcf's which outlined criteria for scaning canslim stocks, Gary Smith longs and shorts, so called smart scans and striong charts etc. 
I'm looking for a reference place where one can review canned PCF's, scans etc that sort stocks,, without haveing to go through dozens of pages of postings .  Is there some consolodated reference area or site??  
Thanks    
Topic: The fifth PCF noted in 3/16 Worden Report
Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2007 2:08:29 PM
Sort of a ditto with regard to the 5 PCF outlines posted on the 16th. Seems to be interest not only of how to interpret the outline but how to write them. Would be nice to have them written in the reports.
Thanks
m
Topic: PCF question
Posted: Tuesday, March 6, 2007 2:21:18 PM
Sometime back I saw a PCF in a worden report.

I want to create a PCF to put into an easy scan. I'm not sure if there needs to be some sort of syntax between each function.
Examples:
C<AVGC50 V>=1.5*AVGV50 AVGV50>=5000 Do I need add anything between these or modify them when written into a PCF??

The above example is referenced in the Jan 16 worden report.

Another example with a Worden report reference of June 3, 05. Exactly what should these functions look like when written into a PCF?

"" First, I want the stock to be up for the day (Price Percent Change today, 0.01 to Max), the stock to be trading above the 50 dma (C > AVGC50), the 50 dma to be above the 200 dma (AVGC50 > AVGC200).

Second, I want the volume to be at least 1.5x the 50 dva (V >= 1.5 * AVGV50). On one scan I have stocks that have to avg. 100k shares a day for the past 50 days (AVGV50 >= 1000).

On a separate one I have one that trades avg. 50k to 100k (AVGV50 >= 500 and AVGV50 <= 1000). ""

Appreciate any advice you might provide.
m