Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

HavenoCents can u help me out a little... Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
dennis1
Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:20:43 AM
I just want to say thanks for all the help so far just would like to ask
how u feel about my current positions if u have a little time to help me
out.

I am currently
shorting CRM
UNFI
Also want to short LCC in the near future being that oil will soon start going up.
Holding Cell
Fxen

Any feelings on RAND i wanna buy this but thought u could give me some input. i really need help
HaveNoCents
Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2007 9:47:04 AM
Let me make it PERFECTLY CLEAR, I am no expert. In trading, when you stop learning you are doomed to failure.

All I can give you is an opinion based on my style.

I would make plans to cover my short on CRM. The stock currently is in a swing trading position for an upward move. To protect yourself you could place a stop slightly above the high of each day and ride it for what it's worth or place a 1 or 2% trailing stop on your position. (only use a trailing stop if your position is already profitable.)

Unfi looks to be a good short but watch this stock very closely. It has a high short interest. (There is a way to put short interest where it is always on the same place of the screen in tc2007) High short interest means there will ultimately be a short squeeze. It could get ugly, but other than that it was an excellent short call. You can now use the multiple moving average method I mentioned to handle this position. Hold the position as long as the short term moving averages are below the intermediate term averages.

Personally I would not short lcc as it is still in an upward trend. I refer you again to my other thread. I would not short until we get to a decision point below the intermediate term averages.

No offense but cell is a dog right now. If you just bought it in the last two days you're ok, but I would still be out of it.

fxen looks great but I am sure it will have a pull back real soon. This stock also has a high short interest so we are probably seeing a short squeeze. When the squeeze is over the stock could sink when true demand for the stock is resumed. Ride it as long as you can.

good luck.
kokoda
Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2007 10:10:29 AM
CELL..........this is a test.

CELL is a dog as of Thurs. close, but it could be a tiger very soon. On Fri. it bounced off 10/2005 support on weekly chart. MACD's on daily chart are showing a hefty sign of life. I would buy when I see the 15 EMA show a turn up - one or two days could do it. This could be a profitable play if my scenario holds out.

I have a bad habit of getting in too early. Monday is too early.
jpendley
Posted : Saturday, January 20, 2007 5:10:31 PM
QUOTE (kokoda)
but it could be a tiger very soon.

one or two days could do it. This could be a profitable play if my scenario holds out.

I have a bad habit of getting in too early. Monday is too early.

I agree with you on this. Friday was Almost a bullish engulfing pattern as I see it, and confirmation next week would raise my interest. But as of now I will just watch also.