Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

The market and economy today Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
rruski
Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 12:52:33 AM
Looking at the Wordens trends he thinks we are in a long term bull market. Think again. Look longer term. Put the dow on a monthly chart instead of daily. We did a double top without breaking through. This little two year bull run was nothining more than a correction for a quick drop. Something for the market to make some money on. Think about the real economy. It was driven by super low interest rates to give almost free money to homeowners and businesses. That is now over as interest rates rise. As oil rises as will inflation. Wages do not rise and guess what. People will not have money to spend. Not for homes. Not for cars. Not for anything.

Now lets look at some long term charts from 1980 to now. I know you (edited by Moderator) but look at statistics. Look at the market in the 80s compared to 90s. Look at GDP or any other indicator you want. Under Clinton we had people working, paying taxes, spending money and investing. We were finally able to get a yearly surplus instead of a deficit. Then we got your boy bush. Spend billions on war, record deficits, record unemployment, reccord poverty. And you guys think the economy is sound and things are great. Go long repubulicans. You deserve it.
jryanweb
Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 2:46:13 AM
rruski,

Let's not mix politic with trying to make money in stock. Political discussion in these kind of forums make everyone a loser.
HaveNoCents
Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 10:08:03 AM
Somebody get this guy a gun.
BigBlock
Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 3:06:38 PM
Craig we need a cage over here for sweet taming.
Craig_S
Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 3:16:56 PM

Worden Trainer

We are watching and I already edited part of the post.

I think it is kinda funny to believe that a sitting president, not the presidents before him, are responsible for the economy in their term... Actually, its kinda funny to believe the president has any impact on the economy worth mentioning.

- Craig
Here to Help!
robrtl
Posted : Tuesday, June 6, 2006 7:44:58 PM
doesn't it look like classic h and s on dow
garybluemel
Posted : Wednesday, June 7, 2006 12:03:45 AM
WOW BIG BLOCK you know how to get your point across.
I feel we have had a reasonably good economy with low interest rates for quite some time and the stock market has done well until recently.
It is a little tired and i think the downtrend could be another 200 to 400 points on the dow
I will not mention any politicians by name but i do rembember around 15% interest rates around 1970.
Right now i like the more conservative plays like ge.
I still have a feeling that we will go lower for a while.
Keep looking up.!!!!!