Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

CMGI - clear doji Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2006 10:32:24 PM
A clear doji takes my attention here, with all elements in place. If you know about dojis you know what I am talking about. Will need confirmation on an up candle tomorrow. Makes a fun day trade, and possibly profitable.
The run of the stochs can make a good swing for those of you in that frame.
good luck
HaveNoCents
Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2006 10:44:52 PM
Tomorrow will be an important day. If it goes down its eventually going to 1.18-1.21 which really isn't much downside risk because the next wave is definitely up from there.
akqj10
Posted : Wednesday, May 3, 2006 11:01:56 PM
doji of that kind is a decision day and its kind of hard to pick either way...not at a top but it is near the 52 week low...although it is somewhat of a ascending triangle..
bknight
Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2006 9:11:55 AM
QUOTE (BigBlock)
A clear doji takes my attention here, with all elements in place. If you know about dojis you know what I am talking about. Will need confirmation on an up candle tomorrow. Makes a fun day trade, and possibly profitable.
good luck

From your previous posts, you have not much faith in the predictiveness of candle stick patterns. This surprises me, but the world changes from time to time.
From my take, I believe that we will witness a slightly lower price in the next couple of days, I don't think it will be much decline. We may start higher, but the next couple of hours should point the way.
raymond2168
Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2006 1:04:26 PM
looks like CMGI is in a very tight trading today.Lots of trades at 1.44 and 145 in the volume is low.looks like the volume is picking up some now.theres lots of orders at 144 and 145
BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2006 9:59:37 PM
QUOTE (bknight)
QUOTE (BigBlock)
good luck

From your previous posts, you have not much faith in the predictiveness of candle stick patterns. This surprises me, but the world changes from time to time.
From my take, I believe that we will witness a slightly lower price in the next couple of days, I don't think it will be much decline. We may start higher, but the next couple of hours should point the way.

Bknight you are correct. My main indicators continue to be price and volume. The thing is that I have been looking at candles for over 8 or 9 yrs, it is my preferred display for charts. As of late, just for fun I am trying to spot the candle reversal signals to refresh what I learned long ago. In the process I am try to reinforced my system with the candle system, and it has been working fine now that I have implememted and added the use of Stochs. As you well know volume is very important in the candle reversals and I already look at that, as well as the price candle. The only extra step I am taking is displaying and looking at the stochs. Not a lot of extra work. By the way I only apply this to the candidates brought up by my system As of late, I think I have increase my winnings substantially as a result, but perhaps is just luck. I will continue to explore this conjunctive techniques and report my observations and results.
good luck
raymond2168
Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2006 10:26:00 PM
I'm very new at this but I do notice the float has lots to do with everthing too.ITs very nice too see all the orders too.I this watch the orders and see how they can move a stock real easyie by the way the orders are.when i see theres not too many Orders at all on any one spot it moves very fast both ways.I this see them on one board.this wish I could see them on all 3 borads.
S2
Posted : Thursday, May 4, 2006 10:37:36 PM
To learn more about candlesticks and how to use them check out Steve Bigelow's books (especially the latest one) and his web site CandlestickForum. For a fairly comprehensive listing of candlestick PCFs check out the Free Resources page on the Candlestick forum. Bigalow is a Telechart Platinum user and goes by Candlestick1 on TC Net(Mentioned in the recent TC Notes on AVII.

Bigalow also does a free, live web chat every Thursday 8 pm Eastern were he goes over the market and candlesticks; also answers questions from the audience; check his site for details.

CMGI put in another doji today both on the 50d MA, oversold Stochs (12,3,3) turning up, rising MACD; all this and other indicators tell me this stock should be going higher.